MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 05-23-2011, 04:50 PM   #1
GrillinFool
Full Fledged Farker

Default Epic Grilling Weekend - Tons of Pr0n in the link

Yesterday we cooked for the local paper. The Food Editor was doing an article on using soda while cooking. He asked if we could do some of the recipes for him. Of course we obliged. We did a brisket marinated in Dr. Pepper. Wings slathered in a hot sauce made out of orange soda and hot sauce. We brined pork tenderloins in soda (one in orange and the other root beer). And we did a seven up/cilantro reduction and slathered it on some catfish filets. Everything was outstanding but the catfish. It just didn't have any flavor. It was meh. Too bad, because the pics are outstanding.

I'm trying to link the individual pictures here, but can't seem to figure out how to do it. Here's a link to the album.
GrillinFool is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->

Old 05-23-2011, 04:53 PM   #2
deathamphetamine
is one Smokin' Farker

NICE!!!!! That pic with the flare up is beauty!

Old 05-23-2011, 04:58 PM   #3
GrillinFool
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathamphetamine View Post
NICE!!!!! That pic with the flare up is beauty!
I got about five pictures with the flames, but that was the best. Of course you didn't see me scrambling to get the wings off the coals so they didn't burn. The Food Editor took five wings with him. They will have a pro photog do the pics for the article from them in their studio today. Can't wait to see what they do with them.

Old 05-23-2011, 08:14 PM   #4
JiveTurkey
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : JT

Soda is great for marinating. Here at work the boss bought a case of Coke for a team lunch and nobody drank it, they all drank the diet. He was going to toss it when I said no way jose I'll take it home and use it for marinade. Thanks for the reminder there, I think my weekend cook just got a little more clear!
JiveTurkey is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-24-2011, 10:18 AM   #5
GrillinFool
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JiveTurkey View Post
Soda is great for marinating. Here at work the boss bought a case of Coke for a team lunch and nobody drank it, they all drank the diet. He was going to toss it when I said no way jose I'll take it home and use it for marinade. Thanks for the reminder there, I think my weekend cook just got a little more clear!
The rootbeer marinated pork tenderloin was probably the best. The orange soda didn't do much...

Old 05-24-2011, 10:28 AM   #6
got14u
is one Smokin' Farker

Nice .....I am impressed by the precise placement of the wings on your grill. All wings were the same way