Rib hanger question

TPerk

Is lookin for wood to cook with.
Reaction score
Anybody have thoughts on the quality of the hangers from Gateway, Hunsaker, and Lavalock? Looking for one for my 22 WSM that can comfortably handle 8-10 racks at a time. Ive got a Weber hanger for my 18, but recently got a Hunsaker vortex basket for the 22 and want to get a hanger kit for it.

Or just tell me that they are all pretty similar in quality and quit over thinking things.

I have a Gateway for my 22WSM. I love it! If you get a Gateway for your 22WSM, you can order it from Target.com and get free shipping (it ships directly from Gateway).

The only thing I didn't really like about the Gateway were the hooks that came with it. I'm not really a fan of the sharp angle at the point where it's supposed to hang on the crossbar. I guess I like the PBC hooks better because they are rounded at the point where they hang...so that's what I use now (Gateway hanger and PBC hooks).

I am intrigued by the Lavalock hanger though. It looks pretty rad.

For what it's worth, I was able to hang 9 racks on an 18WSM last summer with my buddy's Gateway hanger.

I use the Gateway hanger on my 22"WSM in conjunction with the Hunsaker plate. It works fantastic!

can anyone confirm that the Hunsaker rack fits the wsm 22 ? and also the Hunsaker hybrid rack fitting the 22 wsm ?

Hunsaker hanger with 15 racks. Worked just like I was hanging 4 racks. WSM should be no different. Could've easily fit a few more racks.

ys35rq3h.jpg

I ended up ordering the new style Hunsaker last night. It says it works for the 22 WSM. I'll confirm once I receive it. Hopefully by the end of the week.

I ended up ordering the new style Hunsaker last night. It says it works for the 22 WSM. I'll confirm once I receive it. Hopefully by the end of the week.

defiantly let us know how it works when you get and post some pics with some protein hanging please

Not to hijack the thread or anything, but how is everyone finishing off so many ribs when it's time to unhook them? Rib rack, stacking them in foil, other? Drums have only so much space.

I let mine finish hanging, no foil or wrap, YMMV

I have finished them different ways , 1 is to just let the hang until done , 2 I have stacked them wrapped in foil rotating them , and 3 wrapped in foil in the oven , my oven is big enough so that I don't need to stack …

Hunsaker hanger with 15 racks. Worked just like I was hanging 4 racks. WSM should be no different. Could've easily fit a few more racks.

ys35rq3h.jpg

Not to get off topic, but how do you like the Hunsaker compared to your pitbarrel?

Gateway hanger on WSM 22 with Hunsaker Vortex and some PBC skewers. I bent a few straight skewers to use with PBC hooks and gateway hooks.

Attachments

• 9367DD5E-55AC-45F7-A136-60E9EEA584E0.jpg
    9367DD5E-55AC-45F7-A136-60E9EEA584E0.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 54
  • EA8B4C80-83FA-4EBB-BB05-0A9D051C22AE.jpg
    EA8B4C80-83FA-4EBB-BB05-0A9D051C22AE.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 53
Back