COVID 19 Pies

ssv3

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Welp,

With the common ingredients missing at the stores you have to get creative;

Like salami and chorizo/jalapeno pizza since pepperoni and sausage aren't available :laugh:

hVPOZTFh.jpg

Salami pie first

txoCbgHh.jpg

KGCfuDNh.jpg

Chorizo/jalapeno next

3pzpJewh.jpg

wHxGGckh.jpg

BlzKsC4h.jpg

Crust pron of course

xMiicBoh.jpg

Boys and girls, I think I'm onto something.:mrgreen: Thanks for looking!

perfect crust and I love the little burnt end salami bits too

Bejees that looks delicious, I can almost smell that dough

Those pies are off the chain Sako you really nailed those, looks great!!!

Nicely done.

Is it really 20 min at 475* (from her video)?
That seems like a long time

Sako, After seeing your delicious looking pies, my wife wants to look into a good Pizza Oven. Any suggestions?
Your dough recipe looks easy, if we can get the right flour.
BTW My Italian wife is a Pizza snob, but she says the same about me and Que!!:biggrin1:

Looks great, Sako!

Rick, I've been buying flour for pizza dough off Amazon since I picked up my OONI 3 pizza oven (can't get fancy stuff like that out here in the sticks).

GAWD them sure am pretty!

Sako, After seeing your delicious looking pies, my wife wants to look into a good Pizza Oven. Any suggestions?
Your dough recipe looks easy, if we can get the right flour.
BTW My Italian wife is a Pizza snob, but she says the same about me and Que!!:biggrin1:

Thanks Rick!

I don't know if they make them or have started making them again but the Blackstone pizza oven hands down rules for the money. I paid $270 out the door some years back. It runs on LP tanks and is ready to bake in 10-15 mins. Pies take anywhere from 1 to 5 mins max to cook.

img01-7.jpg

I made Neapolitan pies with Caputo 00 in 45 seconds because this thing goes all the way to 900+ degrees.

Here is a Neapolitan pie I did some time back

POYnhmzh.jpg

M1AlCJ8h.jpg

Amazing crust

DZ77SQgh.jpg

Also kicks arse searing steak especially after sous vide

O5u7HFeh.jpg

Heck, even makes amazing wings

riqRaqJh.jpg

0ZUdgrsh.jpg

Last edited:
Nicely done.

Is it really 20 min at 475* (from her video)?
That seems like a long time

Thanks!

I don't use the home oven but like her dough recipe also. I use my blackstone and it's 3-5 mins max.

Looks great, Sako!

Rick, I've been buying flour for pizza dough off Amazon since I picked up my OONI 3 pizza oven (can't get fancy stuff like that out here in the sticks).

Thanks Marc!

Rick, what park said also. Just checkout out Blackstone's website but it seems like the price is now $599. :shock: At that price range I'd look hard at the Uuni or Ooni pro or the ooni line up or Roccbox.

GAWD them sure am pretty!

Thanks Jeremy!

Luckily I grabbed some flour before the panic hit as you can't find flour anywhere. Glad I did because I was thinking what I was going to do with a 50lb bag of high gluten flour but it was $14. I do use flour quite often so now I'm set for a while until this mess is over.:laugh:

Back