MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Brethren Sales and Ventures > Brethren Ventures > Naturiffic Gourmet Cooking & Brining Salts

Notices

Naturiffic Gourmet Cooking & Brining Salts Revolutionary new way to season your food. No additives, no preservatives. Mother Nature provides the ingredients, Naturiffic provides the products. Our Gourmet Salts begin with high-end unrefined Sea Salt to which we add herbs and citrus elements. Use in recipes, at the grill or as a finishing salt. Our brining salts are formulated to be used as a Dry brine.This forum is where to get Brethren discounts, share your recipes and feedback, and help us with future product development.

Old 11-01-2017, 02:52 PM   #1
SirPorkaLot
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : John
Default Harvest Brine Challenge

Okay folks.
It’s that time of year where brining is a hot topic.
Last year was the first year we offered our Harvest Brine (dry brine) and the brethren responded fantastically!

This year has been no different, the brine orders from you folks continue to pour in.

However there are some of you that haven’t had an opportunity to try it yet.

This announcement is for you.

I am on a mission to get everything single active brethren to try our dry brine as I fully believe; once you try it - you buy it (again)

To help accomplish that mission, Naturiffic is now offering a Money Back Guarantee!

Details of offer:

Buy our brine (available in 4 oz bags good for 18lb turkey or 1 pound bags good for up to 72 lbs of meat)

If you follow the instructions on the package and the results don’t produce a juicer turkey with better texture than your previous methods, I will refund the amount equal to the cost of the 4 oz bag of our Harvest Brine (excluding shipping costs)

Act now!
This is a limited time offer and only available to the bbq brethren active on this site.

https://www.naturiffic.com/product2/harvest-brine

There you go.
Risk free opportunity to try Harvest Brine.

Last edited by SirPorkaLot; 11-06-2017 at 10:16 AM..
SirPorkaLot is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-01-2017, 03:46 PM   #2
dadsr4

How does this differ from a koshered turley?
Old 11-01-2017, 04:02 PM   #3
SirPorkaLot

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadsr4 View Post
How does this differ from a koshered turley?

I am not sure how you are using the term “koshered”.
I can only assume in the sense you are using it, refers to using kosher salt to salt the turkey in advance (also known as “salting”)

Dry brine is a form of salting, it is also a form of equilibrium curing (EQ).

EQ curing is done by weight.
Old style salt box curing, a random amount of salt is dumped over the meat to be cured.

With a dry brine you put the exact amount of salt on the turkey that the turkey can absorb without it becoming salty.

Our Harvest Brine goes one step further and adds Apple powder. Apple powder is a humectant (opposite of a desiccant) and works to help retain moisture, the maple in our brine works as a natural sweetener to help the brine do its job.

Between the sea salt curing the turkey to a 1% cure (a 1% solution is considered a Brine) and the Apple powder, our Harvest Brine is the best brining agent available anywhere on the planet.

And I have put my money where my mouth by extending this challenge.
Old 11-01-2017, 04:41 PM   #4
dadsr4

Had to look it up to be sure, I still might have errored. I've just seen them advertised. Koshered turkeys are salted with coarse salt on both sides for one hour, them rinsed, to draw out the blood to make them "kosher" according to Jewish dietary laws.
Lacking the instructions for your product, I was curious.
Old 11-01-2017, 05:04 PM   #5
SirPorkaLot

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadsr4 View Post
Had to look it up to be sure, I still might have errored. I've just seen them advertised. Koshered turkeys are salted with coarse salt on both sides for one hour, them rinsed, to draw out the blood to make them "kosher" according to Jewish dietary laws.
Lacking the instructions for your product, I was curious.

Ahh..

There is no need for a post rinse with our product and it needs to be on the bird for 2-3 hours per pound.

Here is a screenshot of the instructions for the Harvest Brine

Last edited by SirPorkaLot; 11-01-2017 at 05:14 PM..
SirPorkaLot is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from: --->
Old 11-01-2017, 05:54 PM   #6
mytmouz
is One Chatty Farker

I am giving this a go this weekend. I got my order in this Monday. (Super fast shipping as I ordered Friday). I have 3 birds. One for the Big Easy, one for my go to wet brine, and one for Naturrific. Going for a side by side comparison to see who gets the Thanksgiving bird...

Trailer mounted reverse flow stick burner. Rehomed
Weber Kettle #1 Black. Rehomed
Weber Kettle #2 Copper
Weber Kettle #3, Dads old cooker. Rehomed
Brinkman electric. Rehomed
Weber Smokey Joe. Rehomed
Small Sunbeam tailgater. Rehomed
Brinkman vertical smoker. Rehomed
Little Chief electric smoker. Rehomed
And 2 UDS go to set ups... Rehomed
mytmouz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 05:58 PM   #7
SirPorkaLot

Quote:
Originally Posted by mytmouz View Post
I am giving this a go this weekend. I got my order in this Monday. (Super fast shipping as I ordered Friday). I have 3 birds. One for the Big Easy, one for my go to wet brine, and one for Naturrific. Going for a side by side comparison to see who gets the Thanksgiving bird...

Oohhh
How exciting.
To say that I am very interested in the results of your experiment, would be an understatement
Old 11-01-2017, 06:42 PM   #8
toymaster
is One Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Turkey Master

All right... you called down the thunder, well now you've got it! (in my best Kurt Russell imitation). Challenge accepted. I will cut a turkey in half and use your brine on one half and my cranberry brine on the other half. Both will be smoked. And to make it fair, I will get several other people to taste them. They will be people from the BBQ community (competitors, judges, contest organizers and almost all Brethren) that should be able to offer an objective opinion but I have to tell you beforehand, a lot of them have been eating my turkey for years. I cook turkey year round and have spent almost 20 years tweaking my recipe.
Beam's SG-01 Offset Smoker (Brenda), Chargriller Akorn (Vanessa), Backwoods Party (Victoria), Humphrey Weeble (Deedra), Brinkmann Grill King Deluxe (Baby), Weber Smokey Joe (Gretchen), Mini BGE (Keisha)

USMC - Not as lean, not as mean - Still A MARINE!
If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly
toymaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 06:59 PM   #9
SirPorkaLot

Quote:
Originally Posted by toymaster View Post
All right... you called down the thunder, well now you've got it! (in my best Kurt Russell imitation). Challenge accepted. I will cut a turkey in half and use your brine on one half and my cranberry brine on the other half. Both will be smoked. And to make it fair, I will get several other people to taste them. They will be people from the BBQ community (competitors, judges, contest organizers and almost all Brethren) that should be able to offer an objective opinion but I have to tell you beforehand, a lot of them have been eating my turkey for years. I cook turkey year round and have spent almost 20 years tweaking my recipe.

This is gonna be good.

Regardless of the outcome, I will have to taste your turkey you have worked on for 20 years one of these days
Old 11-01-2017, 07:27 PM   #10
toymaster
is One Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Turkey Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirPorkaLot View Post

This is gonna be good.

Regardless of the outcome, I will have to taste your turkey you have worked on for 20 years one of these days
You know the story. Got tired of choking down dry Thanksgiving turkey every year. So I started cooking my own. Got into BBQ and started smoking them. Started buying turkeys on sale after Thanksgiving to practice. That turned into cooking turkey year round. Several of the Long Island Brethren have had my turkey when I would cook them for the charity events we held. The Grand Poobah of this site has eaten my turkey several times over the years. My nickname is Turkey Master.

Anytime you are in New York, I would be glad to smoke one just for you. Or maybe I can find a way to ship a frozen one to you (???)
Beam's SG-01 Offset Smoker (Brenda), Chargriller Akorn (Vanessa), Backwoods Party (Victoria), Humphrey Weeble (Deedra), Brinkmann Grill King Deluxe (Baby), Weber Smokey Joe (Gretchen), Mini BGE (Keisha)

USMC - Not as lean, not as mean - Still A MARINE!
If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly
toymaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from:--->
Old 11-01-2017, 07:28 PM   #11
ronbrad62

Name/Nickname : Ron

I tried the dry brine on a small pork butt a couple of weeks ago, and man, was it moist. I am absolutely sold on it.
ronbrad62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 07:39 PM   #12
Blythewood BBQ'er
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Dennis

Harvest Brine is legit! Get ya some!
BUBBA GRILLS 250r, CharGriller Akorn, 1.5 uds, 28in Blackstone, Blackstone Tailgater, Weber Mastertouch Slate Blue, Weber Copper Performer Premium, Weber 26er, Weber Jumbo Joe, and a set of Octoforks!

GOOD FOOD GOOD TIMES AND GOOD FRIENDS CAN BE FOUND HERE!! THE BBQ BRETHREN BASHES!
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8
Blythewood BBQ'er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 08:02 PM   #13
Ron_L

Name/Nickname : Captain Ron

Yep! Good stuff!

Naked Fatties Rock!

PKGo X 2/PK360/
Ron_L is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 06:42 PM   #14
thunderalley3
Full Fledged Farker

You hooked me with the money back guarantee lol, I actually just ordered 3- 4 oz bags, one for me for Thanksgiving and 2 are going to Chefs that are friends as gifts.

I look forward to a juicy bird !!
thunderalley3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 10:09 PM   #15
mytmouz
is One Chatty Farker

Link to my side by side comparison here. Good stuff!

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...40#post3896440

Trailer mounted reverse flow stick burner. Rehomed
Weber Kettle #1 Black. Rehomed
Weber Kettle #2 Copper
Weber Kettle #3, Dads old cooker. Rehomed
Brinkman electric. Rehomed
Weber Smokey Joe. Rehomed
Small Sunbeam tailgater. Rehomed
Brinkman vertical smoker. Rehomed
Little Chief electric smoker. Rehomed
And 2 UDS go to set ups... Rehomed
mytmouz is offline   Reply With Quote