MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Catering, Food Handling and Awareness

Notices

Catering, Food Handling and Awareness *OnTopic* Forum to educate us on safe food handling. Not specifically for Catering or competition but overall health and keeping our families safe too.

Old 08-17-2011, 12:54 PM   #1
jcpetro97
Full Fledged Farker

Default How much to charge

The group I work for just had our summer picnic. they supplied pulled pork, and we all brought the rest. It got me thinking, because I am fairly sure I could do it cheaper. If you were going to cook an event ( pulled pork ) for 70 people, what would a fair price be?

Also, do you factor in things like supply costs, like Charcoal/wood?
jcpetro97 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-17-2011, 03:43 PM   #2
KrabbyKirk
Found some matches.

We cater in the Syracuse area we charge 10.95 a lb when we do bulk pulled pork, so for 70 people just pulled pork we would charge 250 - 275
KrabbyKirk is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-17-2011, 04:53 PM   #3
twinsfan
is one Smokin' Farker

For my catering experience I sell for $12/LB with the meat chopped/sliced and seasoned.

Remember, you can loose 30%-50% of mass cooking. I'm not into ten hour slow smoking so my 7-8 LBers are down in 5, maybe 6 hours, so I loose a third to 40%.
twinsfan is offline   Reply With Quote