MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Brethren Sales and Ventures > Brethren Ventures > Naturiffic Gourmet Cooking & Brining Salts

Notices

Naturiffic Gourmet Cooking & Brining Salts Revolutionary new way to season your food. No additives, no preservatives. Mother Nature provides the ingredients, Naturiffic provides the products. Our Gourmet Salts begin with high-end unrefined Sea Salt to which we add herbs and citrus elements. Use in recipes, at the grill or as a finishing salt. Our brining salts are formulated to be used as a Dry brine.This forum is where to get Brethren discounts, share your recipes and feedback, and help us with future product development.

Old 11-04-2017, 10:27 PM   #16
SirPorkaLot
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : John

Quote:
Originally Posted by mytmouz View Post
Link to my side by side comparison here. Good stuff!

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...40#post3896440

Awesome comparison, thanks!

Old 11-06-2017, 08:55 AM   #17
PaSmoker
is one Smokin' Farker

just ordered!....though not really for the challenge as I'm sure it'll be great!..(and got some Q salt too for good measure!)
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]Big Drum Smoker,Stainless Steel Gasser, Mini "UDS", Weber Jumbo Joe, [COLOR="DarkOrange"]ORANGE[/COLOR] Kamado Cadet, Weber OTS, Weber "Baby Q", Blackstone Pizza Oven, Blackstone Griddle, Turkey Fryer/"Low Country Boil Maker" [/FONT],[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Big Easy Oil-Less Turkey Fryer[/FONT], [FONT="Comic Sans MS"]various other nonsense devices[/FONT]
[LEFT][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Comic Sans MS]“I make it a rule never to smoke more than one cigar at a time.” Mark Twain [COLOR=red](Obviously doesn't apply to fatties)[/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/LEFT]
PaSmoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from:--->
Old 11-08-2017, 12:08 PM   #18
wbratt1
On the road to being a farker

Name/Nickname : Bill

Just ordered some and will give it a go. I typically wet brine my turkeys, but look forward to trying this approach.
Old 11-15-2017, 01:51 PM   #19
BecknCO
On the road to being a farker

In the spirit of adventure, just ordered HB for the thankgiving turkey, and I'm not doing a trial anything. I was going to inject, but this seems easier and I'm confident you guys won't steer me wrong on the flavor.

After looking at the directions, I see my previous error in dry brining things - not wrapping it tightly in saran wrap.

Should I loosen the skin and apply the brine under the skin or inside the cavity?
Old 11-15-2017, 02:01 PM   #20
SirPorkaLot

Quote:
Originally Posted by BecknCO View Post

Should I loosen the skin and apply the brine under the skin or inside the cavity?
I find that getting some under the skin does more good than getting it in the cavity (salt will travel though the skin membrane. but not bones).
Old 11-15-2017, 03:47 PM   #21
gtr

Just snagged a 12# turkey. I don't guess what I'll be doing is part of the challenge, 'cause I already dig HB and know it'll be good. This will be the first Thanksgiving turkey getting the HB treatement, however - normally we dry brine with kosher salt. I'm really, really, really, REALLY looking forward to this one.
50" Klose BYC, Spitjack XB85, 22.5 WSM, Backwoods Chubby, UDS, WRK, 26" & 22.5" Weber Kettles, Jumbo Joe, WGA, WSJ/MUDS, Kanka Grill, a piece of expanded metal I throw over the fire pit sometimes, Stealthy Black & Vol Orange Thermapens
Displaced East Tennesseean
Proud recipient of a Tick
Former outlaw MOINK baller, now IMBAS Certified, but still lookin' over my shoulder.
"Relax, it's only BBQ." - Bigmista, 2013
"Don't worry about playing a lot of notes. Just find one pretty one." - Miles Davis
WTFWGALD?
gtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 03:55 PM   #22
SirPorkaLot

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtr View Post
Just snagged a 12# turkey. I don't guess what I'll be doing is part of the challenge, 'cause I already dig HB and know it'll be good. This will be the first Thanksgiving turkey getting the HB treatement, however - normally we dry brine with kosher salt. I'm really, really, really, REALLY looking forward to this one.
HB is koshering with a NorCal twist

We are getting close to the last chance to order and get it delivered on time as well.
Thanks for the reminder gtr!
Old 11-15-2017, 04:13 PM   #23
dadsr4

So it is koshering? i was wondering about the difference.
Old 11-24-2017, 12:31 AM   #24
gtr

Didn't take any pix, but sweet mother of fark that was a great turkey! So simple too.

I hit the 12# bird with HB on Monday nite, wrapped it up tight, set in the fridge breast down. Last night unwrapped it, let it air dry breast up in fridge overnight.

Pulled it out a couple hours before cooking (in the oven - did the ham in the smoker). Rubbed skin with butter, threw a couple lemons in the cavity, cooked breast down at 400 for 30 minutes, flipped & lowered heat to 325 for a finish at 165 in the thigh. Very, very, VERY farking good & a big hit - breast meat too!

Great stuff, John! Glad you got the sale thingee going on tomorrow. I'll be getting some more. Turkeys will be getting the HB treatement here from now on. Already do it with the non-Carolina Treet (I'm sure you know what I'm talking about, John) chix. Love it!
50" Klose BYC, Spitjack XB85, 22.5 WSM, Backwoods Chubby, UDS, WRK, 26" & 22.5" Weber Kettles, Jumbo Joe, WGA, WSJ/MUDS, Kanka Grill, a piece of expanded metal I throw over the fire pit sometimes, Stealthy Black & Vol Orange Thermapens
Displaced East Tennesseean
Proud recipient of a Tick
Former outlaw MOINK baller, now IMBAS Certified, but still lookin' over my shoulder.
"Relax, it's only BBQ." - Bigmista, 2013
"Don't worry about playing a lot of notes. Just find one pretty one." - Miles Davis
WTFWGALD?

Last edited by gtr; 11-24-2017 at 12:43 AM..
gtr is offline   Reply With Quote