MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Old 06-26-2013, 08:57 PM   #1
Stark-O-Rama
On the road to being a farker

Default Creekstone Farms - Prime Brisket

Anyone use Creekstone for Comps? Is the Prime Brisket anything close to Wagyu?
[/B]Disposable Cutting Boards on a Perforated Roll, 5 gl Bucket Liners, Steam Pan Liners, Cooler Liners, Stark Naked BBQ Pit, Probe & Grill Cleaner, Stark Kitchen Food Grade Surface Cleaner
[url]www.starkboards.com[/url]
Stark-O-Rama is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-26-2013, 09:21 PM   #2
Slamdunkpro
Babbling Farker

We use them
Spicewine Tandem - "The Beast"
, 2 Vulcan V33's & 1 V9
Brinkman modified upright, Weber Kettle(s); Meadow Creek Pr-24, Super Stealth Mode black & Night Vision Red Thermopens
-----------------
MABA - (Mid Atlantic BBQ Association) President
KCBS Certified Judge - #23289
Slamdunkpro is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-26-2013, 09:32 PM   #3
$billBBQ
On the road to being a farker

I have used both creekstone and snf wagyu. While the creekstone is really nice bright white fat and marbling the wagyu marbling is better. Both turn out great and at our last comp we used the flat from the snf but the ends on the creekstone were better

Old 06-26-2013, 09:37 PM   #4
sdbbq1234
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slamdunkpro View Post
We use them
And he (Aporkalypse Now) wins with them. I have tasted their winning product; it rocks!

This should help support that.
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=163524

wallace

- Life Is Good But BBQ Is Better
- BWS - Fat Boy
- WSM 22.5
- A bunch on other outdoor cooking stuff.
- KCBS CBJ# 58657
- MABA Member

"Take luck!"
sdbbq1234 is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 06-26-2013, 10:17 PM   #5
Bigdog
somebody shut me the fark up.

Two time Chest to Chest brisket champion Andy Groneman uses them. Just saying... We also use them exclusively for the All Things BBQ brisket class and they are amazing. Great marbling, soft and supple, and really thick flats.
Pitman for Andy Groneman at the All Things BBQ cooking classes.
Smoke on Brother KC
Father of the Fatty (the name) 4/20/04 on the BBQ Brethren with inspiration from Brother parrothead.
Bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-26-2013, 10:31 PM   #6
Muzzlebrake
Babbling Farker

I use them. I am a big fan. I don't just use them for contests, I use their steaks, roasts and choice briskets for catering, demonstrations and special dinners at home.

Great products, great people to work with.

"What sort of people are these charcoal masters? They behaved badly and were unconcerned with appearances. Their hair was long and unkempt and their clothes were wrinkled and old. They drank beer to and from the crab house and they made rude noises while we cooked." Tao of Charcoal
Muzzlebrake is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-26-2013, 11:04 PM   #7
gettinbasted
is One Chatty Farker

As good as any.

Old 06-27-2013, 05:39 AM   #8
roksmith
is one Smokin' Farker

We started the year using them and I don't know if we got some bad ones or not, but we weren't happy with the results. Bought a couple SRF wagyus.. cooked one for practice and one for a comp side by side with the Creekstone prime and they weren't even close. The wagyu was much better. Completely different texture. Even when reheating the leftovers a week later you could still tell the difference. Again, we may have received some funky ones, but they weren't as good as the primes we used to get from GFS (when they were available).

Old 06-27-2013, 07:39 AM   #9
Untraceable
Babbling Farker

With how much injections and rub and foiling with liquids people do, is there really a difference in brisket grades?
Untraceable is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-27-2013, 07:47 AM   #10
roksmith
is one Smokin' Farker

There CAN be a huge difference in grades.. BUT you have to remember that the individual brisket is not graded. The beef is. A prime brisket can have a lean brisket, and a select or choice brisket can have a nice marbled brisket. The individual cut doesn't always follow the overall grade.. but it usually does.

Old 06-27-2013, 10:32 AM   #11
Jacked UP BBQ
Babbling Farker

I had the chance to cook them a few times. They are a decent piece of beef. They have a great line of products. I prefer wagyu.

Ocean County Pig Assassins competition team retired and is now known as Jacked UP BBQ

Fec 750
Fec 100
Large Spicewine
Jacked UP BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-27-2013, 10:48 AM   #12
CarolinaQue
is Blowin Smoke!

There is a local grocery store that is starting to carry some of their cut's. I inquired on getting briskets and they came back with $7 to $8 a lb and I'd have to by the whole case at a 60 lb average. Still kicking the idea around of ordering a case and splitting it with a friend. This thread is helping me make up my mind though.

[COLOR=darkred]“Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts.”[/COLOR] - Mark Twain

- Beautiful family
- Home made trailer mounted reverse flow offset w/ vertical chamber, Weber OTG and an ECB
CarolinaQue is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-27-2013, 10:54 AM   #13
INmitch
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Untraceable View Post
With how much injections and rub and foiling with liquids people do, is there really a difference in brisket grades?
Yes.

Thanks from: --->
Old 06-27-2013, 11:00 AM   #14
Muzzlebrake
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaQue View Post
There is a local grocery store that is starting to carry some of their cut's. I inquired on getting briskets and they came back with $7 to $8 a lb and I'd have to by the whole case at a 60 lb average. Still kicking the idea around of ordering a case and splitting it with a friend. This thread is helping me make up my mind though.
they offer free shipping from their website and a 10% KCBS member discount.

"What sort of people are these charcoal masters? They behaved badly and were unconcerned with appearances. Their hair was long and unkempt and their clothes were wrinkled and old. They drank beer to and from the crab house and they made rude noises while we cooked." Tao of Charcoal
Muzzlebrake is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->
Old 06-27-2013, 11:14 AM   #15
cpw
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Chad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muzzlebrake View Post
they offer free shipping from their website and a 10% KCBS member discount.
I didn't know about the 10% off for KCBS. I might have to try one of those out. Especially with the price hike SRF is/has implemented.
Yoder YS640
Savannah, GA
[URL="http://www.facebook.com/yesdearbbq"]Yes, Dear BBQ on Facebook[/URL]
Proudly sponsored by Royal Oak Charcoal and [URL="https://www.atlantabbqstore.com/"]The Atlanta BBQ store[/URL]
cpw is offline   Reply With Quote