How could I be so lucky....

cowgirl

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
To have so many kind friends here at the Brethren..

Brethren Phesant surprised me with a box in the mail this week.

003-1-1.jpg

an ice chest containing walleye filets and some of his homemade pepper blend!

005-5-1.jpg

008-3-1.jpg

I've been having an off week and haven't had time to cook or even eat.... so I splurged today and treated myself to some of the wonderful walleye filets on the smoker..

I brushed with butter and sprinkled the filets with lemon pepper...then into the Pro.

012-4-1.jpg

I smooshed two baked potatoes, added one beaten egg, minced onion, crumbled crisp bacon and seasoned with salt, pepper and garlic..

017-2-1.jpg

rolled the potatoes into golf ball sized balls, flattened, them dipped in an egg wash and coated with panko bread crumbs..

020-3-1.jpg

fried in butter until golden....

029-4-1.jpg

the walleye filets topped with a lemon, caper, butter sauce, the potato patties topped with sour cream.. and lastly some steamed asparagus..

081-1.jpg

the potatos were crispy on the outside and tender in the center....

090-1.jpg

the walleye was amazing! I hadn't tasted walleye in a long time.. this was quite a treat!!

105-1.jpg

Thank you again Ken, I really appreciate your kindness!!

Thanks for looking..

Wow, just goes to prove that there are no peeps, like Brethren. Great cook, Jeanine, hope it made your week a little bit better. :becky:

Jeanie, what a nice surprise for you. As usual, you created another wonderful meal. Thanks for the post neighbor.

Thank you Max, Harry, Neighbor and Bob! The walleye were great! Really made my day...

Looks delicious, but then again, so does everything else you prepare and post pics of :thumb:

BuPhul plate right there Jeaniusz!

Nice going Phesz!:cool:

"YOU DIDN'T FRIED IT?!?":shocked: That would be the reaction of some folks in the Great Lakes area. Some would even think you the anti-Christ.:mad2: .....just kidding, but there are some:crazy:folks out there.

Looks awesome Jeanie! Although I haven't smoked any yet, I have grilled it several times with some additional flavors like lemon, pepper, butter, tomatoes, blue cheese, etc. Been wanting to try smoking it but just haven't got around to it. Did you prepare the fillets in any special way? I bet they tasted great! Thanks Jeanie.:thumb:

Last edited:
Wow! You took me back to my youth when my mother made taters like that but used crushed saltine crackers. The Panko crumbs sound better... I'll be trying this soon. Thanks for sharing!!

Dang :!: How come mine never look that good :mad: :-D
That looks great SWSW, CBTM, & MMD :clap2:
Glad you like the walley Jeanie, and I'm going to try those smoshed tater's for sure

Nicely Done Jeanie

Some tastey lookin fillets you whooped up cowgirl. I see you cooked 4 and only ate 2. What happened to the other 2?

Won't be able to see the pics until I get home tonight but reading about sure sounds tasty. A friend brought me some fresh caught redfish I'm looking forward to grillin/smokin. Anyway I hope your week gets better.:-D

Last edited:
I'm not to big on fish, but I will get down on some walleye anyday! That looks amazing!

Great looking display Jeanie! Those potatoes look super, and so do the fish.
Merry Christmas to you Jeanie!

That Ken is a helluva guy, ain't he? (Actually, all us WisFo's are!)

That is some fine looking food Jeannie. A friend gave me some blue gill filets that I need to cook, and I know what I will be having as a side.

Back