Interesting take on kamado joe

I do love seeing innovation and that's very impressive that Kamado Joe chose to acquire this new setup. Truth be told I'm pretty skeptical of it actually having any noticeable effect on the meat. I think on something like a kettle where you have more of a draft this might actually be a solid concept. I'm just not sure how on something like a kamado, where the draft is almost non-existent, how this would really make any noticeable difference.

Either way cool concept and thanks for posting.

Jeez, I cook at sub 0° all the time, and often with an analog Guru for over-nighters, and I have diagrams and all.... but I don't have a research team or 1.5M in venture capital. :biggrin1: Oh well, easy come easy go.

OtnLKqc.jpg

FupMG0v.jpg

Jeez, I cook at sub 0° all the time, and often with an analog Guru for over-nighters, and I have diagrams and all.... but I don't have a research team or 1.5M in venture capital. :biggrin1: Oh well, easy come easy go.

OtnLKqc.jpg

FupMG0v.jpg

Your quite the comedian! I had to laugh.... I too have a BGE, I cooked last winter when it was -40F actual temp not wind chill .. no problems, did a brisket. I usually smoke them at 350 but when it was that cold I amped it to 415 and saw no noticeable difference other than me freezing my ass off to retrieve it. I know were a minority here but in the cold a kamado really pays off.

Thanks,
Greg

thirdeye I really dig that drawing. We should schedule a meeting with a VC I know to raise some capital and start running with this awkward cave man drawings startup. 1.5M is not a problem. I'd aim for 10M. Easy.

It's Harward, ok. Harward is Harward and there's nothing more to say, imo. :icon_smile_tongue:
Researches that improves cooking art always makes me happy and excited, though.
Joyful topic.

I use my Egg in any weather but rain and that is because I dont have a cover to keep me dry As long as I can light the grill I am good to go

When I first started getting serious with all this, a Kamado Joe Big Joe was the first big splurge... its a great grill, but I don't find it a good smoker; just not enough air flow IMHO; I'm really curious how and if this helps.. its a lot of $$ though thats for sure.

Harvard is not exactly known as a top engineering school, nor are they or Boston known for BBQ.

I have a ceramic Kamado and a HeaterMeeter that already does almost everything their product does and more. OK, they have better air circulation within the cook chamber? I can solve that with a small $2 fan.

The big problem with a kamado that they didn’t solve is it doesn’t have the same flavor you get from a stick burner. I bought my Kamado to use in the winter and for unattended cooks, and it is great for that, but it is a compromise in flavor. If you want an engineering project to change BBQ, fix that!

Back