High Plains Shenanigans - Larb Moo, Summer BBQ Bird (w/Pr0n)

ShadowDriver

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Happy Saturday, folks!

Another crazy week on the High Plains... but we got to FARP (Forward Area Refueling Point) some A-10s, then fly formation low level with 'em (a dream of mine for many years).

Pf0x20gh.jpg

Friday Night started off with a gastronomic trip to Thailand - Larb Moo (Here's the last thread I started on it... to include the recipe).

Friday night's dinner included green papaya salad... thanks to a recent road trip to Amarillo.

WhN4wcyh.jpg

Today, thanks to JQHigginsIII from a previous trade round, I had some Charlie Mills BBQ Sauce to marinate some chicken thighs.... then, over the Vortex, I added some fresh corn on the cob.

X0E7ftrh.jpg

I hit the two on the left with 4 Rivers and the one on the right with Southern Red. Love this stuff.

FewDF9vh.jpg

YjKAeVmh.jpg

Thanks, Marty & Pat! Awesome stuff that just keeps on giving.

Dinner was flippin' awesome.

UBAo1Zph.jpg

Thin blue, and kind regards.

Last edited:
Doing cool stuff again! :cool:

I really enjoy Thai food but I don't know much about it other than I like it. I don't think I've tried larb moo, so I'm gonna make that happen soon. On the other hand, I'm pretty sure I've tried grilled chicken thighs. In fact, I'm reasonably certain grilled chicken thighs are among my favorite things to eat. :hungry:

I got the Charlie Mills packet (thanks for the heads up!) - gonna mix me some of that up & see what's what!

Nicely done!

Greg,

Really hope you also enjoy the Charlie Mills.... curious to hear you thoughts.

Larb works great with chicken ("gai"), beef ("neu-ah"), or pork("moo")... I just happen to like pork the most. Larb Moo... 'cause it's the sound....that....pigs.... no. :roll: :crazy:

If you have the option to get a green papaya, I thoroughly recommend making Som Tum (Green Papaya Salad)... a must, if able. Here's a good recipe, for starters.

Thanks for the note. Hope this finds you well.

Nice looking cook, again!! Something that the wife and I both like is doing corn (usually white/sweet) in a skillet and dicing up tomatoes to serve right on top of it. Definitely different, but good.

Outstanding cook Marc. I am blessed to be on the flight path of A10's about 40 miles southeast of Davis Monthan, not sure where the are going to or from, usually 4 to six planes. We also see a lot of big birds that fly into Cochise Stronghold in the Dragoons, was told they use the stronghold for practicing flying into canyons, used to be a daily event when Afghanistan was going strong. They fly about 600' to a 1000' above the house and shake the windows as they lineup for the approach into the canyon, looks like some C130's and mostly what looks like C-27J or a similar looking aircraft, it's now only once or twice week for a an hour or two as they fly into/through the canyon then swing around and do it again and again.

Marc, sounds like an incredible week! The food looks incredible but having those A-10s around your sounds like an unforgettable experience! Wow!

Love the A-10. In my top 5 favorite planes. You have a cool job and I much appreciate your service.

Food looks awesome as always. Keep on grillin' !

Clay,

It was an honor. We're always proud to work with our brethren from the Combat Air Forces to get ready for the next round of shenanigans.

"... and we shall flow a river of fuel to them, so teeming with death shall they ever be,..."
- Shadow / Air Commando Prayer

All,

Tomatoes:

I chuckle at all the great comments about the sliced 'maters. We don't have many choices out here, but the "field raised" variety sure looked nice when I picked one out. I miss the heirloom options, as they taste SO MUCH BETTER...

A few hours of freedom left. Nearly time again to get after it.
Kind regards and thin blue,
Marc / Shadow

It’s a tie - I appreciate both your loyal service and the great looking food. Keep em both going.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back