• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Burnt Ends

clarkjohnken

Wandering around with a bag of matchlight, looking for a match.
Reaction score
I will be participating in a Charity event and want to serve Burnt ends as a sampler. Festival rules say I cannot charge more than $2 per sample. At that price what is a fair portion of ends to serve (2, 3, 4)? I rather err on the side of too much vs too little.

Do you plan to make money, break even or loss money? It's about cost and profit. What will your brisket, rub and sauce cost you? 2, 3 or 4 what? Ounces or cubes? How much do your burnt ends weigh?

I will be participating in a Charity event and want to serve Burnt ends as a sampler. Festival rules say I cannot charge more than $2 per sample. At that price what is a fair portion of ends to serve (2, 3, 4)? I rather err on the side of too much vs too little.

At that price let them smell the burnt ends and look at them from a distance while you eat them. One 1oz burnt end at $1.50-$1.75

If this is an exposure opportunity, don't worry with covering all of your cost. Whatever you lose would be considered advertising expense.

I'd do 1"x 1" cubes, and have each cube on a toothpick and serve just a single cube to each person.

Back