• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Question about a smoker builder?

Michigan62

Found some matches.
Reaction score
hopefully someone can help me with this i was looking at getting a smoker from east Texas smoker company. I was wondering about quality of there smokers and if anyone here has one or bought one and could give me some insight on their smokers thank you in advance.

Hey Keg.
I have an East Texas smoker and I really like it. I have the Insulated FB.It holds temp great. I have produced a lot of great food from it. I would suggest the upgraded handles. I was afraid the axe handles would fall apart over time. I currently have mine up for sale so you can see what upgrades I have on it.

https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=279124

PM me if you need more info.

A buddy of mine has an East Texas smoker and really likes it. Trailer mounted, warmer, no insulated firebox. Said the design/order process with the owner was a breeze. Think his is around 3 years old and the axe handles have held up well.

Hope that helps with your decision!

hopefully someone can help me with this i was looking at getting a smoker from east Texas smoker company. I was wondering about quality of there smokers and if anyone here has one or bought one and could give me some insight on their smokers thank you in advance.

I'm curious why you are looking at a smoker so far away? It's not that East Texas Smokers are good or bad but, there are a lot of good 'shop built' smokers between my home and yours.

In my case, Evie Mae and Shirley had a good pull for some uniqueness but, for lack of a better term, for a general commodity smoker, I would look a lot closer to home. In my case, I was looking at a builder in Tennessee for a 250-gallon propane tank smoker on a trailer but, ended up with a couple of reverse flows instead.

If you were in "no man's" land, it would be easier to visualize. :wink:

I'm curious why you are looking at a smoker so far away? It's not that East Texas Smokers are good or bad but, there are a lot of good 'shop built' smokers between my home and yours.

In my case, Evie Mae and Shirley had a good pull for some uniqueness but, for lack of a better term, for a general commodity smoker, I would look a lot closer to home. In my case, I was looking at a builder in Tennessee for a 250-gallon propane tank smoker on a trailer but, ended up with a couple of reverse flows instead.

If you were in "no man's" land, it would be easier to visualize. :wink:

I looked at shirley and thy had a 30 month wait which is a little long for me I am having a hard time making up my mind if you have some good insight on some quality smokers near me I would greatly appreciate it

A buddy of mine had an East Texas smoker and it was great. We have a Lang, and I'd say it was more efficient and had better fire control than ours. Plus, he had the propane assist that worked out awesome if you wanted to hold meat for awhile without having to feed the fire.

Back