Thinking about a spare pellet pooper

RacrX

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I can pick up a used Traeger for $100 in good working order. Not sure exactly why I would use it, except for when I have a small cook and don't want to fire up the LSG large cabinet for a small amount of food.

Is this a good idea or am I just going down the rabbit hole of collecting cookers? I should know better to ask this question here...

You say going down the rabbit hole of collecting cookers like it’s a bad thing.

For $100, low risk. Just don’t be one of those guys that buys a cheap pellet grill and then rags on pellet grills and why they aren’t as good as an offset. :p

If it's in decent shape and you have the space for it then why not. If you decide to sell it later, you could probably get your money back. How's that for talking you out of it? :)

Would love to see you buy it and join us crazy pellet guys/gals. Whatcha got to lose? Don’t like, resell and get your $100 back :)

$100 is crazy cheap! Have a pic you can post? Would love to see it.

You sound like an amateur! [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787] do you only have 1 cooker? I thought membership here required at least 3???

Honestly I'd get it just to play with. Only a few dollars.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

You sound like an amateur! [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787] do you only have 1 cooker? I thought membership here required at least 3???

3 cookers at a minimum is about right... and extra points to those that cook in their front yard ;-)

Ha! Only 3 right now. :)

It is nice to have a pellet grill around. I will pull a pork butt off of the offset and move it to my pellet to finish the cook while I get some sleep. My wife is comfortable starting it and will do regular dinner on it sometimes too.

I declared last week, that I'm buying a backup pellet smoker, if I find one for $100.

We had 5" of rain last Thursday, and it managed to get into my pellet smoker, even when it was covered. Trying to deal with cleaning that out was a hassle, and I was lucky I was just trying to cook our dinner. The following day I was planning to cook for her nieces 3rd birthday party, and I'd just hate to let down family because of some rain.

And a nearly new one in much better shape with accessories just popped up for $199...decisions, decisions.

Heck I'd have bought them both......

Back