DFW Q crawl?

Jorge

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
My weekend schedule for the next couple of months is pretty tight, but I was thinking that it might be worth a shot to see if we could get together and sample various places later in the spring/summer. Anybody interested?

Admins: Feel free to relocate this thread if it is in the wrong place.

I knoiw where not go go up this way but willing to try anything once.

How about a list of best and worst, so that we can narrow the field?

Pulled Pork Red White & Blue
Beeif wise I can't find a one that truly smokes there meat since the original Sonny Bryant's closed and went commercial.

Jorge said:
How about a list of best and worst, so that we can narrow the field?

Not your farking secretary :shock:

From the mid cities I'll add N. Main BBQ as a goodun. For the record, I'm shooting the first SOB that suggests Colters!

Ducking as I add Dickey's

<grumbles but gets over it>Bet you listen to the ticket too....

I'll edit this post as joints come to mind, to keep the thread manageable.

1)N. Main in Euless
2)Angelos Ft. Worth
3)Railhead Smokehouse Ft. Worth or Colleyville
4)Up 'n Smoke BBQ Keller

McBee's in Pleasanton -- oh, wait, you're up North :D

Go to San Antonio, Austin, greater Pleasanton!!

DFLittle said:
McBee's in Pleasanton -- oh, wait, you're up North :D

Go to San Antonio, Austin, greater Pleasanton!!

That could take a week. Austin:Green Mesquite for the chopped beef sammich, Rudy's (a chain but they actually use wood), Salt Lick, John Mueler's (I think that's the name). Lockhart: Kreuz Market, Black's BBQ, Smitty's Market (personally I boycott due to the family feud with Kreuz), Chisholm Trail. That isn't including, Elgin, Taylor, Bastrop, etc....

chopped beef sammich

ChiBill is familiar with these. :)

Actually, when I was in TX in January I thought to myself how gret it would be just to visit for one week and do nothing but visit q joints.

Actually, when I was in TX in January I thought to myself how gret it would be just to visit for one week and do nothing but visit q joints.

You could easily spend a week and still have more places to visit. I want to sit down sometime and just come up with a list, with a short review for each place and compile it. Maybe get an Admin to make it a sticky at the top of this forum so that those visiting would have something to refer to before they visit. Of course that could be a solution, without a problem.

tommykendall said:
chopped beef sammich

ChiBill is familiar with these. :)

Hell you didn't even have time to visit me. :lol:

You could've just given directions to Harry Hines, or did you want to show him yourself?

No Q on Harry Hines but I hear there is fish and stuff

Heck, even Bill Miller's, a regional/local chain around San Antonio is pretty good. The meat is cooked at their central commissary in San Antonio -- it's good.

McBee's is a little family owned "chain" out in the surrounding towns. Small places, the brick pits are outside in front as you walk up to the door -- great brisket and sausage, the ribs are ok. Sauce needs some work -- but that's true of a lot of TX sauces -- they concentrate on the rub and the meat flavor and the sauce is secondary -- at least that was my experience.

Man, I can't even remember the names of half the places we ate at in SA, Austin, Pleasanton, Jourdanton, Bandera, New Braunfels, Waco, Kerrville, Uvalde, Del Rio, Ft. Stockton :twisted: etc. etc. etc. You had to really be out there not to be able and find some decent 'que.

Some of the best food was out on Omar and Millie's deck!! Fire up the cooker and go to town - sausage had to be the favorite at parties.

Anybody been to Clarke's Outpost in Tioga? Good li'l road trip north of Metromess on Lake Ray Roberts.

Back