Boneless Leg of Lamb

Smoking Piney

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Time for something a little different here......:-D

A small boneless leg of lamb, marinaded in McCormick's Brazilian Steakhouse marinade for about an hour, and on the Assassin at 250 with a fire box load of mesquite chunks.....I looked for bright and bold on the taste. It cooked to an IT of 130, and held in the Cambro for about an hour

yX5sPZbh.jpg

nnCOyg7h.jpg

JFVRtwsh.jpg

Got the asparagus grilled:

ub49QcVh.jpg

And sliced the roast. Just about what I was looking for. :D

w1Jcde5h.jpg

xNscBanh.jpg

Served with the grilled asparagus, house made chimichurri, and rosemary roasted potatoes.

H11Axjth.jpg

ArsYSq2h.jpg

It was a fine cap to a busy day of housework and was delicious. :-D

Thanks, Titch, Sako, ulc, and Jeanie!

There was magic in the air for this cook - it went off without a hitch, and I've never cooked a boneless leg of lamb before. The only thing I wanted to do but shied away from was searing it for a finish. It was wrapped in a net, and I thought about removing the net to sear it...but chickened out in fear that it might unroll when I was blasting it. I didn't think that burnt twine would taste great. :-D

I bet that was juicy. My leg of lamb never looked that good when sliced. I cook to 145 internal though which may be why.

I bet that was juicy. My leg of lamb never looked that good when sliced. I cook to 145 internal though which may be why.

Thanks!

I went to 130 IT and rested....might have carried over to 135 and change, but I didn't check. 145 IT to me is a tad overdone.

Im gonna try 130 next time. I’m glad I saw your post.

!30 IT at pull, rest covered for about 20 minutes give or take a few to let it carry over to 135, and slice it up. :-D

That looks like some good eatin'! Haven't made lamb in a while, may be time. How's that McCormick's marinade? Think it did anything?

Nice work!

Love the lamb. It is good to get a bit of a sear on the outside, but you made the right decision there. You definitely hit the IT target right in the guts for that kind of cook too.

I'd be lining up for a plate of that!

Cheers!

Back