Pellet grill/smoker poll

Have you owned one in the past, own one now, or plan to own one in the future?

• Own one in past but no longer do

Votes: 11 5.9%
  • Own one now

Votes: 107 57.5%
  • Plan to own one in the future

Votes: 32 17.2%
  • Do not plan to ever own one

Votes: 36 19.4%

• Total voters

Bob C Cue

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Have you owned one in the past, own one now, plan to own one in the future, or never plan to own one?

Last edited:
Own one currently.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Does a pellet smoker count? Can't grill anything in it.

Bought one because of all the hype here and regret it. Am trying to sell as fast as possible to expand my drum collection. They can’t come close to an offset or drum.

I plan to own one. I'm a charcoal and wood guy but I like trying new things.

I like yellow tail but don’t see the option... “I own ONE NOW but plan to add another or two in the future!”

This poll is bogus!

Bought one because of all the hype here and regret it. Am trying to sell as fast as possible to expand my drum collection. They can’t come close to an offset or drum.

What do you have to sell and how much?

I like yellow tail but don’t see the option... “I own ONE NOW but plan to add another or two in the future!”

This poll is bogus!

That hurts. I'm doing the best I can while imbibing Pinot Grigio and posting polls.

In this situation I'm thinking it's better to claim you have too many smokers and need to sell off some rather than reveal you like a drum smoker better. I've never sold cars but I would probably be decent at it. :-D

Great point! Honesty doesn’t sell. Shame on me for being honest and genuine. That’s definitely NOT how the world works anymore. Unfortunately.

My dad recently got a Gorilla pellet smoker. Pretty cool unit and he did some beef jerky for me last week on it. Tasted great. My walmart has closed out a Pit Boss Classic 700 sq. in. Wood Fired Pellet Grill w/ Flame Broiler $200 so i'm thinking about adding one. Wife would freak though maybe. lol. I would only use it for small items i dont want to fire up live coals for like ABTs, pig shots, fatties, jerky, etc. Maybe use to cook pizzas and other casserole type dishes.

I love pellet cookers and will probably have several before it’s over with.
I find high airflow all wood cookers to put the best flavor on meat. I like food from all cookers even electric and gas but I have a preference for pellet and stickburner flavor.
I know lump with wood chunks is technically all wood but I believe the conditions necessary to efficiently turn uncarbonized wood into embers produces a slightly better flavor.

Back