Cabinet smoker

stan5677

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
As my last few posts have said i've decided against an offset and want to go the cabinet route. After tons and tons of research iHvae narrowed it down to the Cascade Que-Meister, T&K Small Reverse Flow, and The Humphrey's Battle Box. Any recommendations between the 3?

All are high quality so your can't go wrong.

Where are you located? The 3 makers you picked are from all over the country (Washington, Indiana and Maine) if you add Lone Star, ironside and assasin and you'd have the whole county covered.
maybe pick by which is closest to you.

I'll put a plug in for a smoker from Cascade Smokers as I own one. My smoker from Cascade Smokers is by far the best smoker I've cooked on in regards to the final outcome of the cook , ease of use and not to mention the fit, finish and the general feeling of quality is remarkable. With that said you probably can't go wrong with the other two mentioned.

All are high quality so your can't go wrong.

Where are you located? The 3 makers you picked are from all over the country (Washington, Indiana and Maine) if you add Lone Star, ironside and assasin and you'd have the whole county covered.
maybe pick by which is closest to you.

I live in MD lol.

humphrey battle box

As my last few posts have said i've decided against an offset and want to go the cabinet route. After tons and tons of research iHvae narrowed it down to the Cascade Que-Meister, T&K Small Reverse Flow, and The Humphrey's Battle Box. Any recommendations between the 3?

i have a Qube'd Battle box and absolutely love it. it'll hold temp for hours as long as you don't run out of charcoal. I've done everything from wings to brisket and whole turkeys.

But, I am needing to get a bigger smoker and have posted mine for sale.
thanks,
Dave

i have a Qube'd Battle box and absolutely love it. it'll hold temp for hours as long as you don't run out of charcoal. I've done everything from wings to brisket and whole turkeys.

But, I am needing to get a bigger smoker and have posted mine for sale.
thanks,
Dave

Bigger is always better.

270 are great smokers. As the name implies, they like to cook at 270 and will hold for hours without tending.

T&K Smokers are first class. I have never heard anything bad about them and know a few owners. I have also talked to Todd at T&K and I was very impressed.

Humphreys. Never owned any of those but humphreys has never been run down on here that I have seen

Check out Meadow Creek cabinet smokers. I have heard a lot of good things about the battle box

I had a hard time deciding between the Battle Box and the T&K. I was fortunate enough to be able to compare them side by side in the same store. If I remember correctly, the T&K Small RF is a little bit smaller than the Battle Box. The rack size was almost the same but the cooking chamber on the Humphreys is a bit bigger, with more rack locations possible. T&K could have changed this as the was a few years ago. I dont think you can go wrong with either. Both are extremely well built. I ended buying the Humphreys Battle Box. I couldn’t be happier.

When I was in your position researching insulated cabinet smokers, I narrowed my choice to the Humphreys Battle Box and the 270 Hollywood. Both companies are run by families who are actively involved in the world of BBQ. I chose the Battle Box because of the front loading charcoal drawer. The side load of the 270 wouldn't work as well with the smoker's location on my deck. I am very pleased with my choice.
The 270s are nice smokers and a fine rifle caliber as well.

When I was in your position researching insulated cabinet smokers, I narrowed my choice to the Humphreys Battle Box and the 270 Hollywood. Both companies are run by families who are actively involved in the world of BBQ. I chose the Battle Box because of the front loading charcoal drawer. The side load of the 270 wouldn't work as well with the smoker's location on my deck. I am very pleased with my choice.
The 270s are nice smokers and a fine rifle caliber as well.

Does the Humphrey's have a cart or stand you can put it on my knees don't cooperate with me anymore bending over is actually a crap shot on whether or not my knees will give out which is the TK is appealing.

I ordered the large wheel option on the smoker. I think they are 8". I can pull out the drawer, load the charcoal basket, and arrange the briquettes while bending over. No need to squat down.
The bottom of the charcoal basket is ~14" off the deck with the large wheels. I leave the smoker in one place, but it is very easy to roll around.

I know what you mean when it comes to getting up from a kneeling position. We'll probably have a problem if we are ever knighted. This getting old thing is not for sissies.

I ordered the large wheel option on the smoker. I think they are 8". I can pull out the drawer, load the charcoal basket, and arrange the briquettes while bending over. No need to squat down.
The bottom of the charcoal basket is ~14" off the deck with the large wheels. I leave the smoker in one place, but it is very easy to roll around.

I know what you mean when it comes to getting up from a kneeling position. We'll probably have a problem if we are ever knighted. This getting old thing is not for sissies.

It's a damn shame cuz i'm only 36.

You can get the compound legs on the Humphrey's and the firebox would be pretty high off the ground.

I suggested looking at 270 since they are close and would cost way less to get delivered.

Back