Beef Ribs - It's what's for Dinner

lunchman

is One Chatty Farker

Batch Image
Reaction score
Searched around in the freezer this morning trying to decide what to make for dinner this evening. Chicken wings, thighs, Sirloin steak, Beef Ribs. Yep, that'll do nicely - Beef Ribs. A package of four, just enough for the Mrs and me.

Once they were thawed, hit 'em with a generous amount of Kosher Salt and into the fridge they go for a few hours. To get them ready for the grill, a spray of Duck Fat and some Oakridge Competition Beef & Pork rub. Set up the Goldens' for indirect and on to the grill they go, temps between 275 - 300F.

Ribs and Potatoes w/ EVOO, S&P -

pFbX0Mq.jpg

The Goldens', doing its thing -

Vw5qwrU.jpg

After about 20 minutes they were looking good, so I flipped them and let them go another 20 where they were just about ready to come off -

Ub7ikzF.jpg

NL8hkcD.jpg

Dinner is served -

XDeneAO.jpg

qlQNDWv.jpg

LvMQfTG.jpg

ZHwLPfg.jpg

Xqx6HGO.jpg

A very quick and easy midweek dinner. As much as I like pork ribs, beef ribs are up a whole 'nother level. Mrs lunchman agrees.

Thanks for checking in on tonight's dinner!

Regards,
-lunchman

I’m gonna steal ur freezer and kidnap you too,,,,,,
The Mrs. gets to ride up front,,,,no phone calls
������������

Never thought of ribs being a quick week day cook. 40-45 mins is all it took?

Btw......looks amazing btw, I bet that plate was good. Thanks for another idea!

Never thought of ribs being a quick week day cook. 40-45 mins is all it took?

Btw......looks amazing btw, I bet that plate was good. Thanks for another idea!

Yeah, surprised the heck outta me. I had an alarm set for every 20 minutes, probed them with the Thermapen just after 40 minutes and they were at 145 or so. I totally thought I'd screwed up a cook but they were looking darn good. I reminded myself that there's not a lot of meat on these and that's why they were done quickly. I was expecting at least an hour of cook time. That amount of time would have resulted in shoe leather.

God thing I went indirect with the searing plate in place the entire time.

I had never heard of the Golden's Kamado. Did a quick search to educate myself.
Looks like a very interesting cooker.
Ribs look fantastic! How long were they on for?
Thanks for sharing!

I had never heard of the Golden's Kamado. Did a quick search to educate myself.
Looks like a very interesting cooker.
Ribs look fantastic! How long were they on for?
Thanks for sharing!

Less than 45 minutes.

I had a post from a few years back when I bought the Goldens', but the pictures are gone since I deleted everything from my Photobucket account. It's been a great investment for me and solves my greatest concern of cracked ceramics.

Any questions, feel free to ask. I can post more pics at any time.

It's been a great investment for me and solves my greatest concern of cracked ceramics.

Any questions, feel free to ask. I can post more pics at any time.

I had watched their promotional video. As a big green egg owner, my eyes almost popped out of their sockets when the gentleman in the video took the lid and smashed it down on the lower, without damage of course...

Back