• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

what do you think about planking?

bbqchicken

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
smokin.jpg

the other day I stumbled upon this site http://www.cedargrilling.com/art.htm

today by coincidence I found panks at a dollar store so I bought one. I have no clue.

enlighten me people

I've tried it a few times on my gas grill. Wasn't impressed. Maybe I was doing something wrong, but it didn't impart that much smoke flavor to the salmon. I've had much better results using my offset smoker

I'm an excellent swimmer, so I wouldn't mind walking of the plank, as long as there was a good home cooked meal ready for me when I get back.:becky:

planking is really stupid. but cooking on a plank? they do it in alaska a lot, all the delicious salmon came that way.

To my generation planking is something totally different. If you don't know what I'm talking about search or youtube it.

lol talking about this?
PLANKING!!!!! - YouTube

thanks for info bro :thumb:

Last edited:
I'm a TOTAL newbie on plankin' salmon, but after one try I'm hooked. I knew what it could do for tilapia, but I had kind of forgot about it since Chili's took it off the menu. :crazy:

I turned the plank over after it started smoking, put the filets on, kept the coals burning pretty low so I could use the plank a few more times, and then proceeded to overcook the fish....and it was STILL GOOD. The "Hoison Mustard Glazed C-P Salmon" recipe from the Weber's Charcoal Grilling book is MY kind of recipe: easy and tasty.

To my generation planking is something totally different. If you don't know what I'm talking about search or youtube it.

Man...that's waaaay more stupid than "zwaffelen".
You're a smart kid...google it up.:becky:

Honestly I like those cedar planks...the smell is so lovely!
Those planks are quite expensive over here.

I need to give them another try. Previously when I have had things on cedar planks the taste was very subtle to non-existent. I know it is supposed to be more of a subtle flavor, but it was so subtle that it wasn't worth the extra cost. That picture looks awesome by the way.

Well, that iJustine video is pretty weak planking. I think it's stupid but there are some crazy funny ones.

two-guys-planking-on-bombs.jpg

Salmon planking is very nice when done on cedar.

+1 on this... Larry was nice enough to personally help me through my first attempt at maple planked salmon and it was fantastic! :thumb:

Gonna do it again tomorrow... :becky:

Back