MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 02-26-2021, 10:49 AM   #46
Cujo
Found some matches.

Name/Nickname : Gary

Here's my two bits.. for what it's worth. Since the end of the summer I have been building my dream patio area. I knew early on there was no way I was going to allow my current grill, the stereotypical 4 year old and nearing retirement age made in China big box generic disposable grill to call the new area home. But being a Home Depot season ending blowout special I was accustomed to replacing my grill every 4 years. ANYHOW... since I was building and customizing a grilling/entertainment area I wanted a "forever grill" that I could build around and custom fit the area to the grill for that nice clean finish.
I spent weeks researching and agonizing over grills until I finally eliminated everything except Napoleon because Napoleon is Canadian made and I try to support local, as well their warranty is far superior to their market counterparts.
It was now down to deciding which model I was going to put in the much ballyhooed new home. The comparison between Prestige and the Prestige Pro began. My decision to go with the Pro model came down to this;

More hood head room in the hood with Pro, the Pro has much heavier thickness SS grill grates, the Pro cabinet doors are a bit more substantial and have the soft close feature, the Pro has inside cabinet lighting, a bit more storage and the propane tank holder slides out, the Pro has a stainless grill on sear burner the Prestige is cast. I believe the rotisseries on both are the same but can't remember, and the Pro side and rotisserie burners are also electric ignition vs battery ignition in the Prestige. Now for some of the nice little extras the Pro has vs the Prestige; The Prestige only has 2 colors of knob light, Pro has full spectrum knob lighting, the Pro has a bottle opener inside the cabinet with a cap catcher, the Pro has the nice little side tray with cutting board and storage bin under the board that is good for accessory storage, ice, garbage, or marinades etc, the Pro is more "dressed up" than the prestige, the Pro has that gimmicky Napoleon logo that shines on the deck and is just a nice little extra touch. The inside hood light on the Pro is also nice but I will never use it because I'm under my deck and the grilling area is very well lit.

End of the day I went Pro not only for the upgrades "nuts and bolts" stuff, but also because the entire time I have been building my new patio/grilling area the intent has always been that the grill area will be one of the main focal points so I wanted the extra bling and pop for that over the top finish.

There may be a few little odds that I might not have right with the 2021 lines because all of my research was done based on the info I could find until I finally pulled the trigger the first week of last November.
If you just want a good grill that does it's job well both models compare the same for raw performance. It really comes down to you and your personal preferences.

Cheers, good luck with your search and happy grilling.
Cujo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-26-2021, 11:41 AM   #47
robl45
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

Name/Nickname : Rob

1736 for the pro shipping and tax included. i couldn't resit.
robl45 is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 02-26-2021, 12:33 PM   #48
jeepin01
Wandering around with a bag of matchlight, looking for a match.

Where from? I have been close to pulling the trigger on this model for awhile now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robl45 View Post
1736 for the pro shipping and tax included. i couldn't resit.
jeepin01 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-26-2021, 12:40 PM   #49
robl45

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepin01 View Post
Where from? I have been close to pulling the trigger on this model for awhile now.
I got it from Greentoe.com, you name your price and vendor accepts it, they only use authorized vendors and they show you after you pay and the offer is accepted. I am not allowed to say the vendor, but I will tell you it is a fully authorized place that is sending me the grill. First time trying it so I was a bit of a guinea pig.

Old 02-28-2021, 06:31 AM   #50
Dweverett
is Blowin Smoke!

Name/Nickname : Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by robl45 View Post
I got it from Greentoe.com, you name your price and vendor accepts it, they only use authorized vendors and they show you after you pay and the offer is accepted. I am not allowed to say the vendor, but I will tell you it is a fully authorized place that is sending me the grill. First time trying it so I was a bit of a guinea pig.
Interesting price to choose -- I'm guessing you worked your way up with multiple attempts until they accepted one?

Gifted to various children — Kamado Joe Classic, 36” Blackstone Griddle, Weber Genesis, Rectec 680
Dweverett is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-28-2021, 08:18 AM   #51
robl45

Actually no, I put in price of 1500 and the counter offer was that 1736 price.

Old 03-15-2021, 06:57 AM   #52
robl45

So update, got the grill. Retailer was great, but not impressed so far. for a 2K grill, it honestly isn't much different than my old Weber Spirit. Biggest problem though is there is some damage found. Not a huge deal I thought but as going through there has just been more and more, most notably the doors not lining up. One is all the way up, the other is all the way down and still the doors are not lined up. Two of the chrome handles are also damaged as well among other things. Still waiting for Napoleon to get back to me.