Sunday Spinning Shenanigans - Stationary Deviled Eggs & Porchetta (w/ Pr0n)

ShadowDriver

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Today's been great so far... quick jaunt up to Rebel Donuts for special family breakfast, and I caught a few hot air balloons setting up to fly.

YjvskB1l.jpg

qGCIZvPl.jpg

KQyAzbQl.jpg

KGI0GTvl.jpg

I'm going to make that porchetta this afternoon, but we need a good side to go with the richness - Mrs. Scarlett's Deviled Eggs from A Chef's Life!

6qyDmLpl.jpg

yxboO4Ql.jpg

5Di5UQrl.jpg

SVSXIqpl.jpg

Topped with various seasonings from Oakridge HDD on 2, Naturiffic Hot Salt on 2, Naturiffic Chicken Salt on 3, Dizzy Pig on 2, to Heath Riles Simple Citrus on 3. They're chilling in the fridge until dinner.

More to come. Gotta whip up a bite of lunch for the family.

Last edited:
HDD Deviled Eggs are my favorite. Except I mix it in the yolks too.

Maybe I should mix it up and try some others too. the Naturrific Hot Salt is another fav so may have to try that one.

HDD Deviled Eggs are my favorite. Except I mix it in the yolks too.

I would easily do that for me... with either the HDD or the Hot Salt, but my daughter's head would spin around and fly off. I don't think anybody would appreciate that. :drama: :shocked: :roll:

I'll perhaps split the yolk mixture and try that next time. Cheers!

Time for me to totally wing it with a porchetta...

I used about half of this pork belly.

XHqlnBGl.jpg

I braised up some portobello mushrooms in Tractor Brewing (local ABQ brewery) Milk Stout and some bacon fat.

J84nIntl.jpg

Spread the herbs, lemon and orange zest, salt & pepper over the pork belly

0KLG0e5l.jpg

Added most of the mushrooms

PGJC7Vml.jpg

Tied it up... noticed that my knife was sharper and I sliced a little deeper than intended on the fatty side. It'll buff out.

diPGkKal.jpg

Diablo Lump with apple chunks is singing along in my kettle. Porchetta is spinning.

More to follow.

Random thoughts I had reading those post...

Mmmm...donuts

Wait!?!? chicken salt on deviled eggs? Insanity or genius?
After a couple of minutes I realized that eggs do in fact come from chickens..so must be genius!

Oh damn! Porchetta too?

When’s the next flight to his house?

I like the looks of that masterpiece! Your creativity is shining through.

Back