Fire In The Drum

16Adams

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Fire lit. Full basket of briquettes and 1 Rutland starter square to the outer edge. Headed out on errands to Target-Sam’s and wife added in Braum’s. She wanted some of those cute little ice cream cups. She asked if I needed anything so I made her a list on the back of a scratch off ticket and remained in the vehicle. I was going to cook a small Cast Iron Meatloaf while fire is lit. Will ponder

Last edited:
That looks good.

I see it is snowing back home (we have the Broncos game today down here).

What are the Braun’s hot links like? I’ve never had them, just a spicy hot dog or a true hot link?

That looks good.

I see it is snowing back home (we have the Broncos game today down here).

What are the Braun’s hot links like? I’ve never had them, just a spicy hot dog or a true hot link?

We enjoy them. Not the same taste nor texture of a hot dog. Hickory smoked pre cooked. They’re spiced but not spiced hot. Good amount of juicy reddish yellow grease for crackers or a tortilla. Wear dark clothes. Casing ends are a tad chewy but good in the middle. Out of grocery store options I buy Braum’s instead Earl Campbell or Tejano ? Brand. Mainly because we enjoy Braum’s products and their hot links Bratwurst etc comes 4-5 to package and store is convenient. Other brands seem to be 10-12 per package.

guys, I smoked Bologna today
I discovered the recipe here and now I can't cook it in another way

I've gotta find one of these baby bologna chubs like Adams displays here...

Gotta try this new-fangled option soon.

I've gotta find one of these baby bologna chubs like Adams displays here...

Gotta try this new-fangled option soon.

I was going to treat this bologna like a Hasselback Potato. But didn’t. Get more smoke. I’ve scored them deeply and it gets more smoke. Sliced Hasselback style might be killer. If I’ve thought of it guessing someone else has already done it.

can you cut me chunk of that bologna and send it to me... damn that all looks amazing

Fatty’s chilled,sliced and into the freezer

Last edited:
Back