Review of the Ink Bird IBBO-4T Wi-Fi 4 Probe Thermometer

Using it for the first time today. Disappointing to see that the alarm setting is useless. If you set a temp alarm for your meat, it won't go off on your iPhone unless it is unlocked. Once your phone goes to sleep you are SOL.

That won't work for me.

Using it for the first time today. Disappointing to see that the alarm setting is useless. If you set a temp alarm for your meat, it won't go off on your iPhone unless it is unlocked. Once your phone goes to sleep you are SOL.

That won't work for me.

I don’t think that’s true but I will check.

I don’t think that’s true but I will check.

Let me know if you can figure it out. I've searched high and low and found others complaining about it. I tried it a couple times and the only time the temp set point alarm was ever audible was when my phone was unlocked.

Seems to be that way. If your sleeping you could unlock your phone for one cook though. Also, I can't find any other WiFi therms that can. Not really seeing a problem. I'm normally charging at night anyway.

Last edited:
Is this code still available?
I would really like to give this a try, thanks Brian

Seems to be that way. If your sleeping you could unlock your phone for one cook though. Also, I can't find any other WiFi therms that can. Not really seeing a problem. I'm normally charging at night anyway.

I suspect many of us have the issue now that you can't just unlock your phone and keep it that way. Since mine is a work issued phone it has security certificates on it that require it to lock after the screen times out.

To me it is a large problem, you set a temperature set point alarm for a reason. So it goes off and alerts you to go pull the meat or check on it. I might be prepping something else, I might be just relaxing. Either way, I'm not going to constantly stare at my phone to make it work. That defeats the purpose of technology. Poor implementation of the app in my opinion.

I tried using the Inkbird this past weekend on a brisket cook, but found a few things lacking. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I didn't see a way to set alerts, for example, at certain temps. I also found the graph data didn't populate unless I clicked on the button that says something like "change data source" (my inkbird isn't on, so the app doesn't show it).

I did like the hardware of the unit, including the color coded probes, the seemingly watertight fittings on the probe apertures, the backlight on the large screen.

The app is not good. I ended up going back to my Fireboard for the brisket cook, and was reminded of how good the Fireboard app is.

Overall, if you have a Fireboard, you already have, what I believe to be, the best unit out there. I haven't tried the new Thermoworks devices (I own the Smoke and the wifi gateway, it's not good), because they're so expensive and the Fireboard works great.

I tried using the Inkbird this past weekend on a brisket cook, but found a few things lacking. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I didn't see a way to set alerts, for example, at certain temps. I also found the graph data didn't populate unless I clicked on the button that says something like "change data source" (my inkbird isn't on, so the app doesn't show it).

I did like the hardware of the unit, including the color coded probes, the seemingly watertight fittings on the probe apertures, the backlight on the large screen.

The app is not good. I ended up going back to my Fireboard for the brisket cook, and was reminded of how good the Fireboard app is.

Overall, if you have a Fireboard, you already have, what I believe to be, the best unit out there. I haven't tried the new Thermoworks devices (I own the Smoke and the wifi gateway, it's not good), because they're so expensive and the Fireboard works great.

Completely agree with your assessment. I'll be sticking with my CyberQ or picking up a Fireboard to try out

@Happy Hapgood - THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS REVIEW. I bought one after reading this review! I've been wanting a WI-FI thermometer probe for soooooooo long. This thing is rad! I can go to any room in the house ... OR EVEN TO THE STORE. I've always been worried my cook would go out of control and couldn't tell someone to shut down the cook if I forgot something from the store.

I'm having my first cook with it today, tri-tip. I'll post a thread with the results. THANK YOU!

I certainly see your point but look at the price differences. The Ink Bird @ $100, with code Kenink is offering for $50. How much is a Fireboard?

On edit I'm seeing the cheapest Fire Board @ $189 from their website.

Last edited:
I suspect many of us have the issue now that you can't just unlock your phone and keep it that way. Since mine is a work issued phone it has security certificates on it that require it to lock after the screen times out.

To me it is a large problem, you set a temperature set point alarm for a reason. So it goes off and alerts you to go pull the meat or check on it. I might be prepping something else, I might be just relaxing. Either way, I'm not going to constantly stare at my phone to make it work. That defeats the purpose of technology. Poor implementation of the app in my opinion.

You can unlock your iPhone. Just for a night or day while your smokin'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwLJvYwzLjk

Like I say, not seeing a problem.

You can unlock your iPhone. Just for a night or day while your smokin'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwLJvYwzLjk

Like I say, not seeing a problem.

You're not seeing the problem because you are willing to accept a glaring issue with the app itself. It's poor coding.

You also didn't read my response - Of course I know how to unlock my phone, IF it didn't have additional security certificates installed on it. Those aren't options, they have been disabled in iOS since I have a secured phone.

Regardless - I shouldn't have to leave my phone, tablet, whatever screen on and unlocked for hours on end to have a silly little app work properly.

First of all,many thianks for Mike spent his precious time,to share such detailed reviews with us! Way to go,Mike!
Then,I appreciate friends trusting and willing to give a try of our new unit! The 50% discount code has been sent. if anyone missed it,pls let me know,I will send it again!Cheers!

Send me the code please if still available.

Back