"Pork Butt!" Throwdown (Entry & Discussion Thread) LASTS Through August 3rd!

Moose

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Our New Throwdown Category is...

"Pork Butt"

96116fb3fa099063da862af72aee779b.jpg

This was rwalters fantastic entry in the 2019 "Pork" Throwdown.

As chosen by sudsandswine for winning the "Yardbird Cookoff" Throwdown.

CATEGORY DESCRIPTION - PLEASE READ:

sudsandswine said:
Moose, I see after all these years we've never done a pork butt Throwdown!

How could that be? :confused:

So "Pork Butt" it is! It can be whole, pulled, sliced, smoked, grilled, prepared and cooked however you like, but it MUST be pork butt!

You may submit entries that are cooked from Friday 7/17 through Monday 8/3.

Entry pictures must be submitted by Noon Central US Time on Monday 8/3.

Click here to read the rules before entering any BBQ Brethren Throwdown...

Best of luck and even better eats to all!

Last edited:
Inquiry. Can this throw down run through August 24? I'd love to jump in but I'm working 10hr days 7 days a week. No time off till mid August. If not it's no biggie just thought I'd ask. It could be a marathon throw down with lots of entries by then.

Inquiry. Can this throw down run through August 24? I'd love to jump in but I'm working 10hr days 7 days a week. No time off till mid August. If not it's no biggie just thought I'd ask. It could be a marathon throw down with lots of entries by then.

images

:thumb:

HaHa, hey it was worth a shot. Going to try my best to enter but if not there will be another day. :-D

We don't change the deadlines for throwdowns other than to accommodate long weekend holidays and such, but you do get an "A" in your effort for asking...:mrgreen:

Last edited:
Pulled Pork Tacos - Throwdown Entry

Our favorite during the summer! Pulled pork tacos with pickled onion, lime crema, jalapeño and cotija on grilled flour tortilla. Please use the last picture of the finished taco as my entry.

Last edited:
Pork Butt Throwdown ~ Front Leg Ham

With a description like: So "Pork Butt" it is! It can be whole, pulled, sliced, smoked, grilled, prepared and cooked however you like, but it MUST be pork butt! You guys let the horse out of the barn.... so I'll chase it. :mrgreen:

My official entry is a pork butt, but it's been cured and cold smoked with a hot smoke finish.... and it magically turned into a ham. This is the LINK to my cooks thread in Q-Talk with more photos. But here is the lead-up to the first real meal deal.

eXcDbSX.jpg

All chilled out, ready to enjoy
fu0aDeJ.jpg

This photo with the old school hot rod 'Moon Eyes' looking eggs in my 10" griddle is my official entry photo.
PxmJ9j8.jpg

lnIunIP.jpg

Back