• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Another Pulled Pork Thread

DerHusker

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
I was tasked with providing the Pulled Pork for a Pot Luck get together we were going to. Last Saturday I took a pork butt out of the freezer and put it in the fridge to thaw. Tuesday evening I pulled it out of the fridge and it was still almost completely frozen. Crud! I break out a large stock pot and let it sit in some water for around 4 hours and that did the trick. Got out my rub.

Took the pork butt out and cut off most if the fat cap and poured a little molasses on.

Rubbed that all over

and applied the rubbed. I wrapped this up in plastic wrap and then let it rest in the fridge overnight.

I got up at 6:00 and had the butt on the grill by 6:30 with some peach wood chunks.

After it reached an I.T. of 202 it probed like butter and I placed it into a chafing pan.

I then covered it with foil and placed it in a good cooler and cover with a few towels to let it rest. After approximately 4 hours we needed to go so I pulled the bone out. It was still almost too hot to touch but I pulled a few pieces off to get a pic of the results.

It was a hit! :biggrin1:

20926421419_2ab01efa86_z.jpg

Needless to say the potluck was named in your honor DH... :mrgreen:

Wonderful looking bark there. I reckon I need to try that molasses thing.

That looks great! I'm going to try it. I recently tried horseradish mustard on my pork shoulder. Somebody else uses it for their brisket, which I tried it on. But it was pretty good for the pork butt too.

Back