MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 11-11-2015, 10:42 AM   #1
thaifighter06
On the road to being a farker

Default Cook for Cops

Brethren!

It's been quite a while since my last post. I have a challenge for you all and I hope you'll join me.

It blows my mind, to a degree that I'm uncomfortable sharing, that at any given time, the news is running stories of how police officers are being treated disrespectfully, being targeted for violence and worse, being killed solely for being police officers.

The same police officers that show up to help if you've locked your keys in your car. The same police officers that will come to your house to make sure you're ok if you've heard a strange noise. The same police officers that will run straight into the line of fire to protect the freedoms that the veterans of this country fought with their very lives to acquire and keep.

My Dad was a Fire Chief and 3 of my uncles were fireman as well. A good deal of our family friends were police officers. These are people that don't just give up their time and energy to collect a paycheck, they put their very lives on the line. They deserve to be appreciated, this is where we come in.

Brethren, we have the gift of BBQ. While the rest of the world deems BBQ to be this mystical art of savory, heart-wrenching meaty-ness that no one can master, a quick pork butt or rack of ribs to us is a proverbial walk in the park.

Here is my challenge: do your due diligence, find a local sale on whatever hunk of meat you fancy and load up. Fire up your respective cooker, blitz that meat with the infusion of fire and smoke and bring it to a local police/fire station. Now, I'm no expert in the field of "how cops and fireman prefer their pork," but I can imagine if someone drops off 15lbs of smokey, spark barky pulled goodness, they'll feel appreciated. The police/fire honor us by keeping us safe and out of harms way, let's honor them back with the glory of good BBQ.

See below for my first adventure last night at the local PD. 15lbs of pulled pork (Bad Byron's, Garlic Salt and a little PBR), Siracha/Garlic Sauce and a whole bunch of Hawaiian rolls. Please join me and do the same and post a pic! Cook for Cops!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2 shoulders egg.jpg (66.3 KB, 116 views)
File Type: jpg cookforcops.jpg (41.6 KB, 117 views)

Last edited by thaifighter06; 11-11-2015 at 10:45 AM.. Reason: Typo
thaifighter06 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-11-2015, 10:55 AM   #2
Bludawg
somebody shut me the fark up.

They Strap up every day not knowing if they will return home at the end of tour. However they get little respect these days, these warriors deserve all they accolades as even when the nation is at peace they go forth each day willing to protect & serve. Well Done!!

Thanks from:--->
Old 11-11-2015, 11:00 AM   #3
thaifighter06
On the road to being a farker

Well said, Sir Bludawg! How about crushing a few of your famous briskets for the local PD or FD?

Old 11-11-2015, 11:18 AM   #4
jjjonz
Take a breath!

Yes sir I like that !!!

Old 11-11-2015, 11:31 AM   #5
Bludawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaifighter06 View Post
Well said, Sir Bludawg! How about crushing a few of your famous briskets for the local PD or FD?
Way ahead of you Sheriffs Dept gets a few delivers through the year.

Thanks from: --->
Old 11-11-2015, 12:25 PM   #6
TuscaloosaQ
Babbling Farker

Thx brother for what you r doing... Our men in blue get a bad wrap because of a few bad apples... I support them... And you have inspired me to do something for them... I love a good motivator... Thx

Check out our website at ShirleyFabrication.com

Like our Facebook Page Facebook.com/ShirleyFabrication
TuscaloosaQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-11-2015, 12:34 PM   #7
SmokinJohn
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuscaloosaQ View Post
Thx brother for what you r doing... Our men and women in blue get a bad wrap because of a few bad apples... I support them... And you have inspired me to do something for them... I love a good motivator... Thx
FTFY

Old 11-11-2015, 01:01 PM   #8
SmittyJonz

Old 11-11-2015, 01:14 PM   #9
Doog
is One Chatty Farker

Done one for fire dept earlier this year. Maybe I will have to do a few butts for the men in blue.
Thanks for sharing!!

Old 11-11-2015, 02:01 PM   #10
cowgirl

Name/Nickname : jeanie

Great idea. Well done Thaifighter!

http://cowgirlscountry.blogspot.com/
cowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cookforcops, pork butt