Winter Judging &/or Cooking class interest: NY/LI/NJ/PA/MD/NEBS areas ???

Interst in which of the following

• KCBS Judging Class

Votes: 25 46.3%
  • Dr BBQ Class(If Ray is Available)

Votes: 29 53.7%
  • I Smell Smoke Class(if steve is available)

Votes: 34 63.0%
  • Other chef Class(post who u want to see in the thread)

Votes: 20 37.0%

• Total voters

BBQchef33

Grand Poobah and Site Admin

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Phil
Just getting a feel for what kind of interest we would have for a cooking class and judging class in the NY/Long Island Area during our off season.

Respond Via Poll, check all that apply.

I'd love to see some cooking classes (only 4 hours away from me and have family on LI so the trip isn't a big deal).

Personally, I think the judging class is useless. There was almost no objective judging criteria offered at the class I attended this summer (Bel Air, MD). Most of the time was spent on how to disqualify an entry. As for what to judge the meat on, we were essentially told it is all subjective. Quite disappointing.

Maybe these can be added to the poll.

Would you be interested in a one day demo by one of the pros?
Would you be interested in overnight class with a pro ,hands on do your own meat?

Formats up to the instructor. I'm just checking on the levels of interest to get a class or 2 together.

I would love to attend the Rod Grey/Johnny Trig Class locally. It takes into account people who own stick burners as well as more modern cookers.

Count me in too! I have a few friends who are not on the board that would like to participate in the judges class as well. (at least 5 people):mrgreen:

Classes would be fun too!!

I would do either the I Smell Smoke or a cooking class with someone else. While the Dr BBQ class was great, dont think I would want to do it again.

Dont think I would do a judging class. Are there classes for judges other that the certification course?

I would do either the I Smell Smoke or a cooking class with someone else. While the Dr BBQ class was great, dont think I would want to do it again.

Dont think I would do a judging class. Are there classes for judges other that the certification course?

I voted for Dr. BBQ and I smell smoke but I would rather try a different class from Ray's. Learned a whole lot but would want to try another perspective.

If their was a way to reduce the price for Rod and Johnny i would be interested or steve would be also at the top of my wish list

I wanted to take classes from Ray and Steve this year, but had conflicts come up for both. I learned a lot from Ray at the Royal, but would still like to take his class and learn what he has to share when he's not on the clock. The same goes for Steve and I Smell Smoke!!, they have been one of the most consistent teams in the country and their results speak for themselves.

Back