$20 Smoker (pics)

JONESY

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
I bought this vertical smoker from a guy, for $20 a wile back and have been messing around with it off and on for awhile. When I first got it there was no way to control the temps, you just put in your fuel and hoped it stayed at temp, needless to say it was impossible. So I added some flaps to the intake holes, cut the bottom out of the charcoal pan and replaced with expanded metal, cut a hole in the top and added an exhaust and a good thermo. On Sunday I rubbed up some chicken and ribs for a test smoke, with a full pan of R.O. lump, apple chunks and about a ¼ chimney of lit briquettes. With one bottom vent cracked and the top exhaust open about ½ way this little thing cruised along at 245* for the entire cook, I was blown away with how well it cooked, the food was outstanding. I will definitely be using this guy again.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    79.3 KB · Views: 421
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    130.9 KB · Views: 416
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    71.6 KB · Views: 413
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    94.7 KB · Views: 416
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    99.5 KB · Views: 417
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    75.3 KB · Views: 416
Nice work - food looks great! Some cookers just need a little love & they'll love you right back.

Very nicely done.

I miss my ECB every now and again. In the right hands, they are capable of making some mighty fine BBQ.

:clap2:
:thumb:

Looks like you got it rollin now!
Great mods!!!

I looked at one of those the other day at Lowe's. It's very similar to the ECB Gourmet.

Keep on cookin bro!!!

I wish it wasn't negative degrees here, I'm working on a new drum though those pics make me want to fire mine up

well sunny beech. I got that same smoker and you're right, It stinks as is, but now that I see your mods...
hehehehe

THe stock charcoal pans burns like crap and it can't breath at all. I'm a gonna have this dude fixed up in a jiffy!

Love the can lid intake mod!:thumb: Looks like a good unit!:cool:
Now that I've cooked on it I need to seal off two of the vents and come up with a better system for the other.
well sunny beech. I got that same smoker and you're right, It stinks as is, but now that I see your mods...
hehehehe

THe stock charcoal pans burns like crap and it can't breath at all. I'm a gonna have this dude fixed up in a jiffy!
Awesome, I have yet to be able to find anyone that has even seen one of these. You have to open that pan up, or it will never cook. Good luck.

This thing has me convinced that my next cooker is going to be a 22" WSM!!!

Cool looking mods. The grub looks outstanding as well! Thanks for sharing.

Bob

20 beans, way nice. Food be lookin' way nice too!

Back