• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Jamblaya Stuffed Chicken Wings

toymaster

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Saw a food show on TV that had a food truck (2 Fat 2 Fly) in South Carolina that had jambalaya stuffed chicken wings. The light bulb came on and I said "I know how they did that" and I started working on my version. Since I can't get real Andouille sausage here and didn't want to take 2 hours making jambalaya, I took some shortcuts:sorry: . I think I'll call them Pregnant Chicken Wings :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Attachments

• Jambalaya Stuffed Chicken Wings01.jpg
    Jambalaya Stuffed Chicken Wings01.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 260
  • Jambalaya Stuffed Chicken Wings02.jpg
    Jambalaya Stuffed Chicken Wings02.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 260
  • Jambalaya Stuffed Chicken Wings03.jpg
    Jambalaya Stuffed Chicken Wings03.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 260
  • Jambalaya Stuffed Chicken Wings04.jpg
    Jambalaya Stuffed Chicken Wings04.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 260
  • Jambalaya Stuffed Chicken Wings05.jpg
    Jambalaya Stuffed Chicken Wings05.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 259
  • Jambalaya Stuffed Chicken Wings06.jpg
    Jambalaya Stuffed Chicken Wings06.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 264
  • Jambalaya Stuffed Chicken Wings07.jpg
    Jambalaya Stuffed Chicken Wings07.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 258
  • Jambalaya Stuffed Chicken Wings08.jpg
    Jambalaya Stuffed Chicken Wings08.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 264
So were they everything you thought they would be?

They sure do look good. :thumb:

I never use to cook chicken wings. I always thought wings were too expensive and were not worth the time to cook vs the little amount of meat. These wings are very labor intensive but 2 or 3 of these are a decent appetizer. Some of the Long Island Brethren have told me that they could make a meal out of 3 or 4 of these. I'll take better pics next time I make them.

Yes please!! Killer color on the wings btw. :thumb:

I sounds and looks good. How much stuffing did you get in these. Hard to see from the pic. I'll take a few please!

I had to look these up - They do sound good! How did I miss this before??? Looks like they even had a series ?/

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1g8LzoVIqOw"]2fat2fly stuffed wings - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_IC5IiubbM"]Watch a Special Sneak Peek of 2 Fat 2 Fly | 2 Fat 2 Fly | Oprah Winfrey Network - YouTube[/ame]

Thanks for sharing

Last edited:
I sounds and looks good. How much stuffing did you get in these. Hard to see from the pic. I'll take a few please!

I had to look these up - They do sound good! How did I miss this before??? Looks like they even had a series ?/

I can get a little over 1 Tablespoon in the drumette and the same in the flat. Smaller wings are a challenge.

I don't think the show lasted that long.

I was lucky enough to be set up at a competition right next to him when he was making these. He's like a surgeon..or maybe a mad scientist haha. I traded him some Evan Williams for a taste! I definitely got the better end of the deal.

Back