Snack sticks

W

we'll smoke u

All right guys I have done alot of jerky, sausages and snack sticks. But my question is I have never done the snack sticks in a caseing before and thats what I will be doing nexted week end. When you by snack sticks that are mass produced they seem to be in a oil,grease or something. I was wondering what that something was any idea's

1.Just oil
2.infused oil
3.grease
4.flavored juice

What are your thoughts???

P.S. Hope this is in the right spotand I do use my smoker to finish them off.

Thanks Scott

I know what you mean but don't have a clue. The sticks available at the local butcher shops around here aren't like that. The commercial mass produced ones are.
I haven't been able to make the small diameter sticks because I don't have a small enough feed tube. I have some small diameter collagen casings, but they are too small for my smallest tube. I do have a pretty decent pepperoni like recipe worked up. If I can find it. Haven't had time to play sausage maker for awhile.

Kevin said:
I know what you mean but don't have a clue. The sticks available at the local butcher shops around here aren't like that. The commercial mass produced ones are.
I haven't been able to make the small diameter sticks because I don't have a small enough feed tube. I have some small diameter collagen casings, but they are too small for my smallest tube. I do have a pretty decent pepperoni like recipe worked up. If I can find it. Haven't had time to play sausage maker for awhile.

Hey Kevin if you find it are you willing to share it I'am always looking for more of that kind of recipes.

Thanks Scott

Kevin what size casings do you have. the smallest I can get around here is 19mm. I was just wondering.

I think the casings I have are 22mm. I'll look for the recipe tomorrow. I've got the day off.

Back