Habanero Death Dust Recipe

SmokinJohn

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
I saw it months ago, but didn't tag it.

Searching for it is only making me hungrier.

There is a thread that shows the marinade in HDD and EVOO, with a dusting of HDD, then cooking, then another layer of HDD (instead of sauce)

I'd swear it was Moose that posted it, but I could be wrong.

Help me O BBQ Wan Kenobi!

Well, it could have been us except for the last dusting of the HDD instead of sauce. Now I'm curious too. Were they wings John?

The only Habanero Death Dust I know of (and have) is from Oakridge BBQ.

So, for me, the recipe is:

1) place desired qty in shopping cart
2) pay Oakridge BBQ
3) wait for my shipment

:lol:

Those look might awesome, Mike. That's about the same method of timing and temps I use for wings and I get great results. When I use HDD, I usually just give them a nice dusting and cook and eat without sauce. The first two are easy to eat, but as you get into the pile, the heat builds, but you can't stop eating them. HDD and wings were made for each other.

Okay, I'm going to order some now. Thanks for the temptation here. The website says orders are being filled a little slowly due to demand! The horror!

I'll just have to be patient. Any others I have to try since I'm already ordering? I think I will try the Black Ops, too.

I saw it months ago, but didn't tag it.

Searching for it is only making me hungrier.

There is a thread that shows the marinade in HDD and EVOO, with a dusting of HDD, then cooking, then another layer of HDD (instead of sauce)

I'd swear it was Moose that posted it, but I could be wrong.

Help me O BBQ Wan Kenobi!

What kind of meat? That might make it easier to find.

Okay, I'm going to order some now. Thanks for the temptation here. The website says orders are being filled a little slowly due to demand! The horror!

I'll just have to be patient. Any others I have to try since I'm already ordering? I think I will try the Black Ops, too.

They are all good. Venison & Wild Game is great on chicken and Game Changer is an amazing brine. You can't go wrong with any of them though. HDD is a must.

Try the Santa Maria steak seasoning...it is awesome as well!

Thanks for all the suggestions. I just bought a pound each of HDD, Santa Maria, and Black Ops as well as 2 samplers. That ought to last me a little while!

This thread had inspired me to try someone else's rubs. Ordered the sample pack. Wish I coulda added some samples of HDD and Black Ops but wasn't an option and adding them to try added shipping costs. I always have made my own rubs so I am getting my toes wet... If these are better or different enough from mine I will probably buy some more.

This thread had inspired me to try someone else's rubs. Ordered the sample pack. Wish I coulda added some samples of HDD and Black Ops but wasn't an option and adding them to try added shipping costs. I always have made my own rubs so I am getting my toes wet... If these are better or different enough from mine I will probably buy some more.

I did the same thing but also picked up the black ops and HDD. I thought the black ops was good but I'm not sure I liked it better than using meatheads brisket rub from his site. The HDD though was special. It's awesome on wings and on things like hashbrowns. Tried it with a butt this weekend too -- not bad at all.

Thanks for bringing this thread up John. I got a pound of dust on the way. Looking forward to using it with my newly aquired Vortex!!

Back