Yin and Yang- Cast Iron and Instant Pot Breakfast

16Adams

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Eggs and sausage cooked in a 1920-30’s cast iron. Steel cut oats cooked in instant pot and served like grits. If cooking can be fun, this covered a few generations.

Last edited:
This egg is why we have Teflon,green,copper,silicone, et al today.
Ed

Is that how you heat up the cast iron pan or was that to show the underside?

Eggs look great to me. I stopped using the Teflon coated stuff because their searing capabilities are subpar.

And sausage? I thought that was a chicken thigh...

I hadn’t used it in a while so I rinsed it off with hot water and was drying it before adding bacon fat and sausage. It’s about as non stick as they get. Really a cool skillet to have around.

I want breakfast at your house Adams.

Sausage looks fantastic and I love square eggs too. Good taste in iron, I have the very same Wagner and a similar No.7 Griswold Tite-Top oven. In case you did not know, your No.6 Griswold oven is worth $300 - $400, but I'm betting you get more value out of it than that! Any No. 6 Griswold is generally worth more as they were uncommon. The single hole handle on the Bacon and Egg Skillet is also rare, most had a handle similar to the one in the photo. Nice pieces.

Attachments

• IMG_6397.jpg
    IMG_6397.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 132
Thank You. I bought the skillet off EBay for a song. One of those weird ending times/days. The Griswold belonged to The Bride’s Grandmother.

Nice pieces you have. Great Minds

Nothing better than family iron & history, I have a few family pieces that I cherish. Great score, I gave up on Ebay for cast iron a couple years ago when the prices began to really escalate, maybe its time to look again. Thanks, I think...

Every so often the Brethren drag out their collections and take a photo. Pretty hilarious as most, without fail will forget a piece and not make it to the photo. I’m trying to scale back. Gave 3 skillet to my sister and have given a couple Griswolds to my son & DIL. I’ve canceled EBay account and focusing on wearing out aka enjoying the pieces I have.
Wagner Griswold Lodge a no name or two. All good. Enjoy them all. I don’t use my Lodge skillets much, but Ive a couple Lodge Loaf pans that are great outside on the Cookers.

Doesn’t that hurt/damage the seasoning on the skillet?

You would have to get really hot to damage the seasoning.

Youre scaling back on your CI? Cmon man! Keep the collection alive! Im going to need more shelving soon....

Back