MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 01-27-2022, 03:12 PM   #1
Kevin James
Full Fledged Farker

Name/Nickname : KJ, Renegade Pit BBQ
Default Boneless Turkey Breast?

Just puting this out there wondering if anyone has a good online source for RAW boneless turkey breast.

I'm dying to make some Texas style turkey breast, and while I have looked at every grocery store, Costco, and even Restaurant Depot in my area nobody has it. I've also searched online and came up with nothing.

The only place I found it was Jennie-O's website but they ONLY offer it on the food service side, not to consumers (which is dumb and frustrating).

So... has anyone here been successful finding a good online source for boneless turkey breast?
Kevin James is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-27-2022, 03:19 PM   #2
darin1992
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

Name/Nickname : Darin

Check out wild fork, I think they have them.
darin1992 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-27-2022, 03:21 PM   #3
sudsandswine
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Can you find bone-in turkey breast and just de-bone yourself? It's pretty easy. Also cheaper.

Thanks from: --->
Old 01-27-2022, 04:35 PM   #4
robertm
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : ROBERT

It seems to be impossible to find the quality turkey breasts like the bbq joints use without going super expensive from a butcher or online. Butterball, honeysuckle etc all have huge amounts of flavorings which are sometimes fine and sometimes turn out terrible when smoked. I've never tried restaurant depo, bummed to hear they don't offer.

Old 01-27-2022, 04:49 PM   #5
lawndog19
Got Wood.

Name/Nickname : Jeff

wildfork has them not a bad price
lawndog19 is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 01-27-2022, 05:49 PM   #6
sjb67
Full Fledged Farker

I buy mine from the butcher shoppe in Florida. Pricey but excellent quality and fairly large

Old 01-27-2022, 06:06 PM   #7
ssv3
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : Sako

You may want to check Costco business center. I see you're up north and Sacramento has one. Jennie-O boneless breasts and they come frozen but extremely good quality. I smoked them central TX style and it was out of this world good. Worth giving the business center a call. Item number is 40285.
Blackstone Griddle Retrofit
Blackstone Pizza Oven
WSJ(K) WGA(P) WJJ(CU) W22(BI) W26(CL)
Pit Barrer Junior
Kingsford Oval (resto mod)
ssv3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-27-2022, 06:36 PM   #8
Kevin James
Full Fledged Farker

Thanks everyone. Yes, Wild Fork does have some, but they are tiny and not really what I'm after. I found something similar to that about 6 months ago in a local grocery store and they didn't turn out that great. The ones Jennie-O sells to restaurants are in the 10lb range and that is closer to what I'm after.

Also, I did check my local Costco Business Center several months ago because I saw someone post about that here. Gave them the product number and everything. Just my luck I was told that particular store does not carry that item. I will try them again though... doesn't hurt to ask.

I guess I could just get a bone in whole breast and debone it myself... after it thaws. I was hoping to avoid that work though. Yes.... I'm lazy

Old 01-27-2022, 06:40 PM   #9
ssv3

Name/Nickname : Sako

Jennie-O is what I used exactly. Most likely I was the one that I mentioned on here. Crazy because the business center by work has them all the time but the one closer to my house or nearby business center don't carry them. Sometimes it's a hit or miss though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin James View Post
Thanks everyone. Yes, Wild Fork does have some, but they are tiny and not really what I'm after. I found something similar to that about 6 months ago in a local grocery store and they didn't turn out that great. The ones Jennie-O sells to restaurants are in the 10lb range and that is closer to what I'm after.

Also, I did check my local Costco Business Center several months ago because I saw someone post about that here. Gave them the product number and everything. Just my luck I was told that particular store does not carry that item. I will try them again though... doesn't hurt to ask.

I guess I could just get a bone in whole breast and debone it myself... after it thaws. I was hoping to avoid that work though. Yes.... I'm lazy
Blackstone Griddle Retrofit
Blackstone Pizza Oven
WSJ(K) WGA(P) WJJ(CU) W22(BI) W26(CL)
Pit Barrer Junior
Kingsford Oval (resto mod)
ssv3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-27-2022, 06:47 PM   #10
Kevin James
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssv3 View Post
Jennie-O is what I used exactly. Most likely I was the one that I mentioned on here. Crazy because the business center by work has them all the time but the one closer to my house or nearby business center don't carry them. Sometimes it's a hit or miss though.
Yep. Just got off the phone with them. They do not have them and they said it is only a business center item, and the only business center that has them is in Hawthorne.

It is insane to me that boneless turkey breast is this difficult to find, yet you could spin around blind folded and fall on a pile of boneless chicken breast anywhere and everywhere.

Old 01-27-2022, 08:33 PM   #11
ldub1
Found some matches.

Name/Nickname : ldub

I too have bought them from the Butcher Shoppe in Pensacola. Extremely large debond turkey breasts. As stated, a little pricey but was one of the best turkey meals I ever made.
ldub1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-27-2022, 09:02 PM   #12
Hoss
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Buy a Turkey,sharpen a knife.Pretty simple.I too,would like to be able to source them already prepared but it really is not a lot of trouble to breast out a Turkey.Plus you get the leftover carcass to smoke/roast and make other yummy treats.
Hoss is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-27-2022, 09:07 PM   #13
4ever3

Impossible to find in Northeast Oklahoma... I’ve looked.

Old Oklahoma Joe (Opal)
GMG TREK (Greta Thunberg)
Weber Summit Charcoal (Waylon)
MAK 2 Star (Maybel)

2x “Unfortunately nothing wrong with that” Bob C Que…
I must be living right (somehow…)
4ever3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-28-2022, 06:20 AM   #14
Nuco59
Babbling Farker

I love the Texas Style breast but I gave up looking for boneless-and am just not into the mail order meat thing. If I can find bone-in breasts, they hit my cart. If whole turkey is all they have, I take one home and butcher that sucker. I really only smoke the breast- but the wing, thighs and legs make for some fine turkey and sausage gumbo. And the carcass gets turned into stock- gonna need some sort of stock for the gumbo anyway, right?

Old 01-28-2022, 10:50 AM   #15
Cat797
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : Ed

I ordered one from the Butcher Shoppe in Pensacola at Thanksgiving. I believe it was 13lbs, which is two boneless breasts. I did it Texas style. This is the only year that I have never had turkey leftovers following Thanksgiving!