• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

What smoker/cooker do you think needs to be made?

Mini Gravity fed that only costs an arm- you get to keep the leg...winner.

Mini Gravity fed that only costs an arm- you get to keep the leg...winner.
What price range? There's a couple in the $2k range. Not really sure how much you value your arm...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

What price range? There's a couple in the $2k range. Not really sure how much you value your arm...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

$1200 like Alejandro was talking about but I haven't Heard from Him in 9 months....... Hope the Cartels didn't Get Him........:shock:

I would like a pellet smoker that is completely 304 SS, that has a built in steamer (no need to texas crutch) and also has a backup electric element and a convection blower with a pid controller to hold temps low and moist enough to act as a combi oven.

This probably exist, but cost crazy $$$, Im sure Arby's has one of these.

Smitty, why do you like the T cookers so much? I have seen quite a few threads where you sing their praises- care to enlighten me as to their benefits? I really like the Johnson T’s but it seems like that firebox would be a hassle to feed and clean at ground level, plus as a stick burner it would seem like the center (right under the baffle plate) would still be a hot spot with a fire right under it..... but I’m ready to learn..... :)

Smitty, why do you like the T cookers so much? I have seen quite a few threads where you sing their praises- care to enlighten me as to their benefits? I really like the Johnson T’s but it seems like that firebox would be a hassle to feed and clean at ground level, plus as a stick burner it would seem like the center (right under the baffle plate) would still be a hot spot with a fire right under it..... but I’m ready to learn..... :)

I ran my Homemade Ones on Charcoal n Wood Chunks like a UDS- But with Way More Capacity and Easier Access........:heh:
They run a double reverse flow plate with center exhaust for Even(ish) temps........ They are more compact/smaller foot print and more effecient than an offset. (less radiant Heat Loss)
AND they just Look Cool as Chit.!

A5GXOY1l.png

AND if you get the 20" T Pit you can get a hitch mount to haul it. IF I wasn't Poor I'd Have me a Johnson 20" T Pit - should Run on Charcoal or Splits.
Really I'd like a 24" x 48" model.......in 1/8" cook chamber and 3/16" firebox to save on weight to Hitch mount it but also on a stand with casters........:heh:
It'd be a great outer towner smoker.......... cruise to Brethren Bash or Up to Oklahoma to see friends hitch mounted then get a Buddy to pull it off the hitch with you and wheel it around. Smoke 2 Briskets and 6 Racks of Ribs n a Pan of Beans.........:thumb:
As Far as Cleaning - get a mechanics stool on wheels and a 6" putty knife......

https://johnsonsmokers.com/basic-tailgater/

Last edited:
A 55-gallon PBC with the option of a lower grate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was in the same line of thought. I think a PBC with a 26in. grate, maybe 4 rods to hang from, or a cross pattern of some sort.

I have actually sent a message to PBC about this same idea. Honestly they didn't seem that into it. I think a 55 gallon size PBC would be awesome and would definitely keep me away from a WSM 22.5 if it has a second rack and maybe a water pan / heat deflector.

I have actually sent a message to PBC about this same idea. Honestly they didn't seem that into it. I think a 55 gallon size PBC would be awesome and would definitely keep me away from a WSM 22.5 if it has a second rack and maybe a water pan / heat deflector.

That's Called a Hunsaker or Gateway..........

I ran my Homemade Ones on Charcoal n Wood Chunks like a UDS- But with Way More Capacity and Easier Access........:heh:
They run a double reverse flow plate with center exhaust for Even(ish) temps........ They are more compact/smaller foot print and more effecient than an offset. (less radiant Heat Loss)
AND they just Look Cool as Chit.!

A5GXOY1l.png

AND if you get the 20" T Pit you can get a hitch mount to haul it. IF I wasn't Poor I'd Have me a Johnson 20" T Pit - should Run on Charcoal or Splits.
Really I'd like a 24" x 48" model.......in 1/8" cook chamber and 3/16" firebox to save on weight to Hitch mount it but also on a stand with casters........:heh:
It'd be a great outer towner smoker.......... cruise to Brethren Bash or Up to Oklahoma to see friends hitch mounted then get a Buddy to pull it off the hitch with you and wheel it around. Smoke 2 Briskets and 6 Racks of Ribs n a Pan of Beans.........:thumb:
As Far as Cleaning - get a mechanics stool on wheels and a 6" putty knife......

https://johnsonsmokers.com/basic-tailgater/

Hey Smitty- you'd rather have one of these than an Ironside that is easier to move and burns both wood and charcoal? More efficient I'm guessing too? I've been looking at both the Johnson T-Smoker and the Ironside. Ironside looks to be easier to move around if needed with still quite a bit of capacity.

Last edited:
Hey Smitty- you'd rather have one of these than an Ironside that is easier to move and burns both wood and charcoal? More efficient I'm guessing too? I've been looking at both the Johnson T-Smoker and the Ironside. Ironside looks to be easier to move around if needed with still quite a bit of capacity.

I do not have any experience with the Ironside but I’ve seen post on them on here and they look BadAzz. I will always have both a stick burner and a seperate charcoal smoker. If you want one unit to do both the Ironside may be the better pick - definitely more efficient since it’s insulated and would be the Better charcoal smoker. The T Pits are Stickburners that could run on charcoal -in the smaller unit like the 20”. So it depends on what you will think you will do more - run on charcoal or feed splits.

Currently I have a Vertical stick burner on a lil trailer - BoomShuckaLucka - And an Old Country Gravity Fed charcoal smoker - Fantasia. So I don’t Need anything else but would still Love to have a T Pit that can do both and be hitch mounted on the back of my truck. :heh:

Last edited:
Collapsible stand so it's easier to transport
Never thought about a collapsible stand. I've always just pulled the legs off and stuffed the whole thing into a garbage bag.

Back