Mulberry….

Burn

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Little joint has stacks of wood were you put money in a box and grab a stack. Honor program. Anyways I get home and start splitting up the wood and this stuff is definitely not what’s advertised. Pecan, oak and mesquite. Look it up and it looks like I bought mulberry. Smoke has a sweet smell. I was signed up to cook an older lady down the street 3 mini points. Mixing oak and this mystery wood. Hopefully it turns out good.

Mulberry is my absolute favorite fruit wood'
The trees grow fast so the wood isn't as hard as oak or hickory but the flavor is awesome.

I got a bunch after looking it up here. It was a CL listing where it was being given away. Letting it season right now

We should know if it was good in a few days. I don’t usually wrap in tinfoil but this isn’t for me. She’s gonna have a lot of great/horrible food this week. Lol

I've used it, it's good, you'll be fine

I was just shocked when I split it.

I was just shocked when I split it.

At what the color? Or how easy it splits. I use lots of it and Granny Smith apple as well. I prefer both over hickory.

Mulberry is my absolute favorite fruit wood'
The trees grow fast so the wood isn't as hard as oak or hickory but the flavor is awesome.

trees of the stuff sprout up like weeds in my backyard. cant stand the things

At what the color? Or how easy it splits. I use lots of it and Granny Smith apple as well. I prefer both over hickory.

It was seasoned. Was bright yellow when I first split it. Not so much anymore.

trees of the stuff sprout up like weeds in my backyard. cant stand the things

Grows like weeds here. Birds eat the berries and then plant the seeds...

Folks will almost pay you to cut them down. Nobody likes em except BBQ people.

That's a great wood. I use it without hesitation. Make sure that it's good and dry, though!

I was signed up to cook an older lady down the street. Mixing oak and this mystery wood. Hopefully it turns out good.

I think the old lady will be tough however you cook her. Go with the mystery wood. LOL

I think the old lady will be tough however you cook her. Go with the mystery wood. LOL

Oops. For an older lady….I typically boat but for this go round a wrapped. I wanted to make sure it was tender enough.

Attachments

• 08158A31-66D5-4EAD-8096-960B5E5C18EF.jpg
    08158A31-66D5-4EAD-8096-960B5E5C18EF.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 50
That should turn out great. Mulberry is an excellent wood for smoking.:thumb:

Back