"Bacon Makes Everything Better!" Throwdown (Entry & Discussion Thread) Lasts thru Mon. June 21st!

Moose

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Our New Throwdown Category is...

"Bacon Makes Everything Better!"

hHYfhw6.jpg

This was thirdeye's entry in the 2020 "Bacon Makes Everything Better" Throwdown

As chosen by SMOKE FREAK for winning the "Cast Iron" Throwdown.

CATEGORY DESCRIPTION - PLEASE READ:

SMOKE FREAK said:
As for the next contest, I'm thinking bacon makes everything better (except brussell sprouts). It's only been 8 or 9 months since the last one but it did have great participation, and who doesn't love bacon? :becky:

You may submit entries that are cooked from Friday 6/4 through Monday 6/21.

Entry pictures must be submitted by Noon Central US Time on Monday 6/21.

Click here to read the rules for the BBQ Brethren Throwdown...

Best of luck and even better eats to all!

Last edited:
I probably asked this the last time.... but are we limited to belly bacon? Or can things like jowl bacon, Canadian bacon or Buckboard bacon be used?

Well that certainly raises the bar on what's possible with bacon! Great way to kick off this Throwdown, John.

P.S. You had me at "Bacon Wrapped Meat Torpedo". Who doesn't like bacon wrapped meat torpedoes? :grin:

Not sure why you didn't use that name in the thread title in your Qtalk thread, though. Not too late to make the change, I think...

Last edited:
Saturday mornings calls for something a little sweet, or maybe a little salty and sweet. With this in mind, I give to you, bacon wrapped yeast donuts, drizzled with caramel. They remind me of a fritter. Get the coffee ready!

I cooked these in my pellet smoker using almond and plum pellets. The total time only took about 30 minutes.

Have a great weekend!

Please use this photo for my Throwdown entry.

Attachments

• IMG_20210619_071451_452.jpg
    IMG_20210619_071451_452.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 481
OK folks, that's a wrap and kudos to all who entered! Poll to follow shortly...

Back