MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 01-22-2015, 05:48 PM   #1
cseymour45
On the road to being a farker

Default Humphreys Weeble vs BattleBox

I have done a bit of reading on the two Humphrey's cookers, I know the cooking dimensions are very close. The Weeble is slightly lighter as it is not built with the heavy duty tubular frame.

I guess my question would be does anyone really have some serious pros or cons between the two? I am not a serious competition guy (yet ) so my cooker would mainly be the backyard fun stuff. Working my way up to a small comp or two.

The price point of a Weeble has me leaning that way, but the Battle Box name itself just seems so awesome! AHHHH decisions decisions (my wife is zero help when discussing the two)..

Old 01-22-2015, 05:51 PM   #2
HOG FAN
is one Smokin' Farker

If the wife has no input go with the Box

Thanks from:--->
Old 01-22-2015, 06:14 PM   #3
wayne77
Full Fledged Farker

Battle box for sure. I'd want the heavier frame

Old 01-22-2015, 06:19 PM   #4
SGH
is One Chatty Farker

I have been considering a Weeble myself just for portability. I have a Vault and a Shirlry fab so capacity is not a problem if the need should arise. But looking at the Weeble vs the BB, I could handle loading and unloading the Weeble into the back of a truck myself. If you don't need the capacity then go with the Weeble for sheer portability. However if capacity is a concern, then the BB is the clear winner.
SGH is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-22-2015, 06:22 PM   #5
pjtexas1
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : Texas Pete

I can understand your dilemma. One is slightly bigger but would be heavier to load and unload at comps. My cabinet is 425 or 450LBS and I wouldn't want to take it to a comp but the ability to cook large quantities of meat is why I bought it. If doing comps I would probably add a smaller cooker to my arsenal. I think the battle box is the prefect size for the patio and comps.
SF 24x36 Midnight Edition / Mak 1-Star /Abe's 48" Insulated Cabinet / 22.5 OTG / 28" BS / Jimmy with CB Roti and pizza kit / Red Box on custom cart / Char-Griller Kettle / Barrel House Cooker / Pit Boss Copperhead / Char-Griller Akorn Jr

pjtexas1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-22-2015, 06:51 PM   #6
cseymour45

The portability would be very nice. I have in laws that enjoy my cooking and we really enjoy going over to hang out with them and the rest of the family. Not to mention testing the competition waters one of these days. I really don't think I would ever be in a situation to fill up a BB, unless someone were to hire me. As long as I can dial one of these bad boys in at 230 and let her purr, I don't see a huge reason to go much bigger than a Weeble.

Old 01-22-2015, 06:54 PM   #7
smokinit
is One Chatty Farker

Hey buddy the Battlebox box is the one form a few bucks more give me a ring I can go over both in detail.

Old 01-22-2015, 09:56 PM   #8
Fallen Kell

Hard to say. I love my battlebox.
Fallen Kell is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-29-2015, 03:58 PM   #9
cjl22
Found some matches.

I considered both, just ordered the box to get the slide-out water pan
cjl22 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-29-2015, 05:12 PM   #10
Untraceable
Babbling Farker

BB will give you the full framing that has helped make humphreys what they are today.
Untraceable is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-29-2015, 05:54 PM   #11
dj-ia
Got Wood.

If the price point isn't an issue go with the battle box you have a great cooker that's still affordable that has the capacity to carry you into the future if you decide to do comps
dj-ia is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-29-2015, 06:59 PM   #12
ajstrider
is One Chatty Farker

When you figure up the lifespan of one of these things, the extra money for the Battle Box will average out to not a whole lot more per year of service. I would go for the Battle Box.

And imagine when your buddies come over for some bbq and you have to tell them you cooked it on the Weeble.....or the BATTLE BOX...

Old 03-29-2015, 07:17 PM   #13
wayne77
Full Fledged Farker

This thread is from a couple months ago and he's got the weeble in his sig. I think he already picked one.

If so, how do you like it so far?

Old 04-04-2015, 12:17 PM   #14
Breadslinger82
Got Wood.

i just got my battle box on wed man this this is a freekin beast i got the slide out water pan for easy clean up extra shelf and the charcoal maze I'm getting the cyberq 2day

Old 04-04-2015, 02:59 PM   #15
Richard_
is One Chatty Farker

Pics
Weber 18.5 R.I.P.
Smokey Joe
Treager 070
Traeger 075
UDS
Brinkmann Cimarron
Pink Thermapen