MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 06-15-2012, 07:59 PM   #16
jmellor
is one Smokin' Farker

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1339808311.273757.jpg

I did baby backs today for the first time on my new to me UDS. Ran at 250-275 degrees. I did 2 hours, foiled for an hour, and finish unwrapped for 45 minutes or so. These were my first attempt at a wet, sticky rib vs the usual dry rub ones I like.

Remember RGB....always sending it
jmellor is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-15-2012, 08:56 PM   #17
Pugi
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterChrister View Post
WOW does that look GOOD!!
Thanx, I did not have finished pics of the baby backs, they got eaten to fast. These are some spares I did the same way, just a little longer on times. As you can see it got a little dark on the finish color because it was a hair over done.

Pugi is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-15-2012, 10:09 PM   #18
El Ropo
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Roger

Those don't look too dark to me. For home BBQ, color isn't that important. I bet they tasted great.

2016 Fuji Absolute 2.0 LE (for burning off all the great BBQ)
El Ropo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-15-2012, 10:17 PM   #19
Pugi
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Ropo View Post
Those don't look too dark to me. For home BBQ, color isn't that important. I bet they tasted great.
Oh, don't get me wrong, taste was great, they were a little to fall off the bone for me, perfect for the wife. To the original poster, smoke them bones, when they probe like butter eat em. Best thing I have ever done is toss out the meat thermometer.

Last edited by Pugi; 06-15-2012 at 10:28 PM.. Reason: spelling
Pugi is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-15-2012, 10:39 PM   #20
Ye Olde Party Palace
On the road to being a farker

I like to watch the pull back on the bones. I can usually tell by the pull back when the ribs are about done.

[FONT=Impact]Youth and enthusiasm are easily overcome by old age and treachery. :loco:[/FONT]
Ye Olde Party Palace is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-15-2012, 11:45 PM   #21
Durzil
Full Fledged Farker

I like to check them at 3 hours and flip them meat side down at this point to get a gage on doneness but I leave them completely alone before that. Then I recheck and re-flip them based on how close they seemed at the 3 hour mark. Then once done sauce and let it set for 10 mins more.

Tags
Baby back ribs