Kingsford competition deal

JONESY

is one Smokin' Farker
I have a line on 11.1# bags of kingsford competition for $6/bag or $3.5/bag for a 48 bag pallet or $3/bag for 2+ pallets. I use Kbb all the time, but haven’t used the competition in 6-7 years, I only see it at Costco anymore. I have nothing against the competition, I just don’t have an opinion one way or another. Thoughts brethren? I need some input. Thanks

That’s what I’m thinking, but is there anyway to tell how old it is? I know stored properly it will last a long long time. I just remember about 10 years ago when the competition was all the rage, now I rarely hear about it. At $3.5/bag it’s a great deal as long as it burns well.

I still have a few bags of the old kcomp. Works as good as new. I like the small size in my tiny insulated cabinet. I think i paid less than that but only a few bags were available. 30 cents per pound isn't bad.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I've been using K comp almost exclusively the last year or two. Usually pick up several of the 2x18lb bags from Costco when they are on sale in the spring/early summer. My wife thinks Im nutz bringing home 6 or more 18lb bags. I can only imagine if a pallet showed up hahaha.
To me they burn just as consistent and hot as the regular kingsford. Ash is prob similar as well. The biggest thing is TO ME the comp smells a little more like wood than "charcoal" when lighting. I prefer this to the regular blue bag.
Seems like if you will use it might as well grab some.

Back