This baffles my mind

jermoQ

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Went to Bass Pro in Springfield Mo, and was in the bbq area. Saw this thing, and looked 2 different times to try and figure out...why...did someone make this....and then decide it was a good idea? It is waaaaaaay too expensive (around or above $1000, to be as little as it is, and be just designed as a "rib pressure smoker" Does anyone have one and would you ever consider it? IMnotalwaysHO, it is just a different type of cooker to have, but not a useful one.

Last edited:
I don't like water pans in my smoker, and I don't like propane smokers, so I can't imagine liking that. I think pellets are about as far as I am willing to go, and they work too good, to spend that kind of $$.

That was a funny video. I'm not sure they intended it to e though.:bored:

Similar story. I just saw a Craigslist ad for a fan powered aluminum Santa Maria style with a rotisserie for like $1400.

Guess people probably thought the first pellet smoker was weird.

Some people still do.

I live close to Springfield, MO and have seen that thing at Bass Pro. I thought it was crazy expensive for what it was.

Isn't that basically what those chain restaurants use for their fall off the bone baby back ribs?

I’ve not eaten them but my son swears they’re great. Him and his wife both work in the Metroplex and if traffic is normal they get home around 6:30. He puts beef ribs in his Instant Pot, him and his bride fix a drink, sit on the patio while firing up his Weber or Ceramic cooker. He finishes the ribs over coals with veggies, salad or grits. I’ve seen photos and it does look quite good.

He said it’s either that or Whole Foods ready made meals or eat supper between 8-9pm.

I’m thinking fast cookers have a seat at the table

He said it’s either that or Whole Foods ready made meals or eat supper between 8-9pm.

I’m thinking fast cookers have a seat at the table

I can agree with that. It is hard to enjoy the good stuff regularly if your time is too busy to make it. I hadn't seen a video, and the concept that it is a smoker and pressure cooker, and not super large was bugging me.

I can't for the life of me figure out why someone would do that to ribs. I'd like to see/ experience a side by side blind judging.
Also--so much $ for so little space. They say though that time is priceless

Back