What’s your minimum definition for barbecue?

Czarbecue

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
My work had a barbecue lunch day and by noon I was pretty hungry. I keep forgetting I’m in Georgia now and it seems pulled pork is all they needed to satisfy the barbecue requirement. I was hoping for ribs, sausage, or even brisket (that’s a stretch in GA).

I ended up going to QuikTrip for a slice of pizza.

Yup you are in Pulled Pork Country. Seen several videos on the YouTube’s of BBQ joints in Georgia, Alabama n such that Only have Pulled Pork or Whole Hog Chopped. :shock:

My work had a barbecue lunch day and by noon I was pretty hungry. I keep forgetting I’m in Georgia now and it seems pulled pork is all they needed to satisfy the barbecue requirement. I was hoping for ribs, sausage, or even brisket (that’s a stretch in GA).

I ended up going to QuikTrip for a slice of pizza.
For me, that would include sides, too.

Pulled pork would be fine, it keeps the early crowd from walking away with, for example, a whole slab of ribs. Some people are in it only for themselves.

Where I worked, we had departmental dinners. Once I brought in two homemade pies, one apple, the other a mixture of fruits I had. Both were eaten by management before people working had a chance to get any.

For me, that would include sides, too.

Pulled pork would be fine, it keeps the early crowd from walking away with, for example, a whole slab of ribs. Some people are in it only for themselves.

Where I worked, we had departmental dinners. Once I brought in two homemade pies, one apple, the other a mixture of fruits I had. Both were eaten by management before people working had a chance to get any.

It was an ice cream scoop of pulled pork with Mac and cheese or veggies, and a slice of corn bread, cafeteria style. I would have welcomed some Dickey’s right about then.

Meat + Fire = Q

IMHO propane grilled burgers is still an improvement over crock pot ribs or boiled dogs.

I’ve made 3 hours ribs on a gasser by charing to start and then rotating on the top rack for a few hours. Then sauce and set for the last 10-15.

My definition of bbq is if it is cooked on a grill or smoker with indirect heat for say an hour or longer with some wood smoke then it is bbq. If it is cooked directly over coals for a shorter time then it is not bbq in my opinion. Pork butt, pork/beef ribs, brisket and bone in chicken is bbq. Hamburgers, hot dogs, boneless chicken breasts is not bbq.

It was an ice cream scoop of pulled pork with Mac and cheese or veggies, and a slice of corn bread, cafeteria style. I would have welcomed some Dickey’s right about then.
Count your blessings. My employer once announced the they were treating us all to pizza, because quality was up. Turned out to be Little Cesar's with pepperoni, one small pie for two people.
I figured, OK, it's fuel, then I opened the box. The dough was uncooked. People rushed out for real food on break. Quality went down for a short time afterwards, until the latecomers got there.
I had a peanut butter sandwich and an apple, having been through similar situations before.

To me what DOESN'T is a place calling a grilled piece of meat BBQ by just adding BBQ Sauce.

My minimum is one main meat, ribs, chicken, pork butt, brisket, sausage, turkey, or even a meatloaf. The cooking is indirect, or raised direct over live fire, and there is some flavor wood in some form added to the coals.

Back