Smith Mountain Lake, VA

tasterner

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Hi guys, next week we are heading from here in York, PA to Smith Mountain Lake, VA for the week. Any good bbq joints on the way heading down I81?

I think I recall a brethren opening a brewery and/or smokehouse somewhere in VA, anyone remember who and where it was?

Hot Diggity Hog was pretty good but that was early 2000. We used to stay at Stripper's Landing in a condo. Rocky Mount NC has a pretty good array of BBQ joints. Buddys was decent. Please note there are 2 Rocky Mount NC the one you want is Zip Code 24251. Good luck and enjoy it we always did.
EDIT: It looks like Hot Diggity Hog in Moneta VA is closed. Sorry I should have google searched before posting. It is now the Blackwater Cafe, a little higher end than the Hog. Food looks nice though.

If you find yourself going through Charlottesville, which isn't too far away, I strongly recommend BBQ Exchange a few miles north in Gordonsville. Pitmaster is CIA trained and it's easily in my top 10. Doesn't sound like you'll be going through Richmond, but Q BBQ is Tuffy Stone's place. I always stop and get ribs when I'm passing through.

Thanks, might have to head home thru Richmond!��

Back