High Plains Memorial Weekend - w/ Pr0n

:sad: :tsk:

Well... not my day.

Last one of these I do without wrapping. Point was overcooked. Crumbly. Found some moisture 1/2 way through that piece. Sliced enough for the 2.5 of us to eat dinner. Flat was still undercooked in some places. *sigh*

BossLady's potato salad made from leftovers was the star of the show along with the steamed green beans.

I'll just nurse this Old Fashioned and probably another one to ease the pain.

See, folks... it's not always a Pr0n-fest with amazing food around here. We're real folks who f-stuff up sometimes.

Thanks for hangin' in there with me.

Fine Dining. Very nice

Glad to see someone post that they aren't perfect. My brisket was a little under cooked today too. I tried leaving it on the counter instead of my usual 170 oven rest. Had to throw it in the 170 oven for an hour to get it right...chit happens. Really nice of you to pay tribute to your brother!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

:sad: :tsk:

Well... not my day.

Last one of these I do without wrapping. Point was overcooked. Crumbly. Found some moisture 1/2 way through that piece. Sliced enough for the 2.5 of us to eat dinner. Flat was still undercooked in some places. *sigh*

BossLady's potato salad made from leftovers was the star of the show along with the steamed green beans.

I'll just nurse this Old Fashioned and probably another one to ease the pain.

See, folks... it's not always a Pr0n-fest with amazing food around here. We're real folks who f-stuff up sometimes.

Thanks for hangin' in there with me.

Still happens to me too...while my consistency has improved a good bit over the past few years, I'll still have 1 out of 5 or so come out below my standards. Brisket is still an elusive beast for me, which is why I enjoy cooking it - the challenge. I cooked 12 briskets at once for my brother's wedding and every...single...one...turned out perfect, I was pretty happy with that. Then my next cook was a single brisket and it was not so hot. Just gotta dust yourself off, hop back in the saddle, and tame that beast on the next one :thumb:

Back