MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Brethren Road Trips

Notices

Brethren Road Trips The travel logs of our members. Q- joints, restaurants, entertainment, reviews while we travel around the 50 states. Also, Post here for a shout out to members to meet up with while on the road.

Old 03-17-2021, 11:47 AM   #1
smoke ninja
somebody shut me the fark up.

Default smokey bones bar & fire grill

I travel around the midwest and north east quite a bit for work. I enjoy trying different Q joints along the way and figured I'd start posting my experiences here.

smokey bones has a nice decor, I love shack style places but this one has the typical restaurant theme and looked nice.

when we walked in there was smoke wafting over one of the tables. it was their boneyard plater and included 3 pieces of lit charcoal to keep the food warm and add some presentation. the platter came with wings, chicken, sausage, pork and steak. very cool

I ordered the two meat platter. turkey and pulled pork. the pork was good as well as the turkey, could have gave me more turkey but the portions were fair overall.

wings were on special, plenty of flavors in smoked and fried choices. overall the meat was good. cooked and seasoned properly. I'd recommend everything I tried. sides. didn't have the usual suspects. I just expect beans, mac and cheese (they had it as an entree not side) and what not. I'm not looking to have fries and or mashed taters when I get Q but I tend to be a purist in that regard. my only real complaint is the only serve brisket on the weekend. I was disappointed in the waitresses answer of it takes to long to cook and they want to serve I fresh. all the best bbq places hold brisket overnight anyway.

overall I'd give smokey bones a positive rating and would definitely eat there again

Old 03-17-2021, 02:56 PM   #2
midwest_kc
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : Joel

It's been a long time since I've eaten at a Smokey Bones. It's chain BBQ, but I do remember thinking it was on the better side of chain BBQ when I did try it.
Old 03-17-2021, 05:20 PM   #3
ronbrad62

Name/Nickname : Ron

We had a Smokey Bones near us many years ago and ate there a couple of times. I also considered it very good, but that was years before I got into bbq and joined the Brethren, so my palate wasn't as discerning as it is now
One of our favorites was the sack of donuts, a sack of mini donuts with powdered sugar added, close the top and shake them up. Man, now I have to find one. Ours caught fire and never reopened.
ronbrad62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from:--->
Old 03-17-2021, 08:26 PM   #4
smoke ninja

Didn't realize it was a chain but it makes sense given the decor and menu.