MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 03-08-2018, 12:50 PM   #1
Kaptain Kadian
is One Chatty Farker

Default Smithfield extra tender ribs in Tulsa?

Anyone in the Tulsa area know of a place that sells smithfield extra tender ribs? I haven't been able to locate them anywhere locally. Thanks.

Old 03-08-2018, 08:05 PM   #2
Huskres
Full Fledged Farker

I've seen them randomly at reasors, sams and Walmart. Just hit or miss really. I think sprouts ribs are better especially when they are on sale.
Huskres is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-08-2018, 08:30 PM   #3
pharp
Banned

They are slowly making their way to Walmart according to the lady from Smithfield I talked to. She said WM's in about 15 states have ordered the ETS with more coming in each day.
pharp is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-08-2018, 08:44 PM   #4
Huskres
Full Fledged Farker

Walmart seems to be high pricing wise.i wish this was a private forum and I could tell ya more!
Huskres is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-08-2018, 09:46 PM   #5
Kaptain Kadian
is One Chatty Farker

This is the response I got from Smithfield

Thank you for reaching out to us and for the compliment you pay us asking for our extra tender ribs.

I checked distribution and I am afraid I don't have good news.

I don't see any retailers in your area that have recently ordered the product. I will be sure to share your email with our sales team in hopes that it will help them gain distribution in your area in the future.

I wish I had a better answer.

Wendy Johnson
Smithfield Consumer Affairs
855-411-PORK

I have also been looking for swift premium st Louis cut spare ribs and can't find them anymore either. I found them at sprouts a while ago and when I went to buy them again, they were carrying ibp brand with their own label on them. I tried a couple of them and didn't like them.

Old 03-08-2018, 11:17 PM   #6
sudsandswine
Quintessential Chatty Farker

So, according to walmart.com, I have "farmland extra tender" ribs at mine. Looks like Smithfield may have acquired farmland some time back and they may just be the same thing different label?

Old 03-09-2018, 06:55 AM   #7
bschoen
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Bruce

Have you talked to the meat manager at your local store(s)? Some of them are happy to go that extra step. If you have several stores and one manager orders it for you, well, now you have your favorite store. Wallmart, Sam's and Costco buy everything by the truck and trailer load**, so your time is probably better spent at the other places.

** I don't really know this for a fact, just guessing.
bschoen is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-09-2018, 07:13 AM   #8
Robert
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huskres View Post
Walmart seems to be high pricing wise.i wish this was a private forum and I could tell ya more!
Post away on the inside info. Inquiring minds want to know. I see none in our stores within a 25 mile radius of Walmart corporate headquarters. I hear they have showed up in Branson, MO which is less than 100 miles away as the crow flies.

Or send me a direct message.

Thanks,

Robert
Robert is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 03-09-2018, 11:31 AM   #9
THoey1963
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : Terry

I had to run to our local Walmart Neighborhood store one night for a missing dinner ingredient. Happened to go by their "sale" case and some of those ET ribs caught my eye. Bought a couple racks and cooked them that next weekend. We loved them. Very meaty and really tender. Never saw them again. Asked, nope, we don't carry them. <sadness>

Lone Star Grillz Insulated Cabinet Smoker / Weber Summit Charcoal Grilling (WSCG) Station / CyberQ / Slow N Sear with Drip N Griddle

WSCG Review [URL="http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=245542"][COLOR=Blue][B]HERE[/B][/COLOR][/URL]. WSM Mods [URL="http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=201917"][COLOR=Blue][B]HERE[/B][/COLOR][/URL]. My Brisket Guide [URL="http://bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=238834"][COLOR=Blue][B]HERE[/B][/COLOR][/URL].
THoey1963 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-09-2018, 05:39 PM   #10
Kaptain Kadian
is One Chatty Farker

I even checked around with most every place I could and can't find them anywhere. I checked online, but the shipping was really high. I checked with a friend that I have that owns a restaurant and he is checking to see if he can get them, but doesn't look good

Old 03-09-2018, 08:04 PM   #11
pharp
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaptain Kadian View Post
I even checked around with most every place I could and can't find them anywhere. I checked online, but the shipping was really high. I checked with a friend that I have that owns a restaurant and he is checking to see if he can get them, but doesn't look good
Did they sell them last year?
pharp is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-09-2018, 09:26 PM   #12
Kaptain Kadian
is One Chatty Farker

I don't know when Walmart stopped carrying them around here

Old 03-10-2018, 08:36 AM   #13
Burnt at Both Endz
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Calvin

Our Walmart has two packs of full spares that are frozen and in the frozen food section/coolers.
Burnt at Both Endz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-10-2018, 09:19 AM   #14
Kaptain Kadian
is One Chatty Farker

Where are you located at burnt?

Old 04-21-2018, 01:53 PM   #15
Kaptain Kadian
is One Chatty Farker

Walmart in my area have gotten in the 2 packs of the full spares in the frozen meats section. I have not been impressed with the quality of them just looking at them from the outside of the package. I recently bought a case of another brand of ribs and they are terrible. Does anyone have a picture of the quality of the ribs in their area? They are cheap, I need to buy a package and try them out anyway.