• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Morton Salt Online Store

How do you guys do the thanks thread?

Glad folks could use the info on Mortons. What I need to know is how do you post the individual thank you thread at the bottom of my post? Or I am the only one who can see this? In any event, if I can find it, I will share it. The best thing about this place is the unselfesh ways that good folks go out of thier way to share ideas..........Gotta Love IT!!!!!! :-D:-D:-D

I bought a bag of the Smoke flavored sugar cure at a local store cuz I hadn't seen it before. Wouldn't do it again....

Smells REALLY strange! Honestly, it reminded me of the strong chemical smell of a plastic trash bag. and it felt like the silica sand that you sprinkle on a shuffle board game table.
It also comes with a small packet inside that says to mix a 1 -1/4 tsp with 1 cup of cure. It says that if you don't use the mix of the 2 within a few days you should discard it... what happens to it after a few days??

I used it on a brisket when I made pastrami, which turned out great with no off flavors, but I probably would not try it again... stick with TQ!

Back