Wife Bought A Pair Of Shoes-I bought

16Adams

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
One cooker that kicked my butt was the COS.
Cheap Offset Cooker. I had a new Braunfels Black Diamond craigslist 50$ deal that was OK but a lot of work. Sold it for much more than I paid for it after about 4 hours of cleanup and high temp paint. Apparently the original heavy steel were somewhat sought after. I think nothing literally screams Texas BBQ like an offset cooker. A BBQ Chiminea if you will with a blend of woods that include Mesquite. Not to much, just enough to make the neighbors peek.
Back in the game with a COS. Inaugural cook is always a couple of Fattys (smoked breakfast sausage whoever invented the Fatty should be awarded a medal)

Last edited:
I like yer purchase more better..

Now I need to Black Ops a Ribeye

4ever3 inspired

I bet you'll have a blast cooking on that thing. If you can't find a wood source that provides wood cut down to usable splits then you'll get some exercise too. I see some wood fired steaks in your future as well.

It may be "cheap" in comparison to the ones paraded here by most but it does the job. Mine has been at work for 2+ years and doing well.

Watched several YouTube videos. Did you do the Oklahoma Joe seal on the recessed door

Wing sauce

Last edited:
Watched several YouTube videos. Did you do the Oklahoma Joe seal on the recessed door
Not sure which video you are referring to but I tried most seal mods. I decided that putting seal (the strip kind) on the fire box is a waste of time and money, they all burn or come undone. Putting one on the cook chamber door is likewise counter productive, it just creates leaks where you did not have one before. I finally just put a thick bead of the jell seal material (don't presently remember the name) on the recessed lip of the cook chamber, lined the lid with cling wrap where it would meet the lip and shut it/let it set. Then again, I'm in south Florida and am not too excited about leaking heat from the chamber.

Back