Review Harbor Freight Warrior

16Adams

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Last fall this heat gun was discussed as a poor man’s Looflighter for starting coals. Harbor Freight Sale with coupon I bought two total was 21.62 with taxes. Just a guess but think I used it 25-30 times and #1 died. Just quit. Checked outlets-good. Tried a different plug in-good. Jiggled wiring, bounced it against cooker - let it cool and into trash. Harbor Freight warranty/return is 90 days from proof of purchase. Purchased last September. Not even going to test customer service. On to Warrior #2

I really like this hot heat gun with blower method to start the coals. When #2 Warrior passes away may try a different brand or man up and purchase the looflighter (or a clone)

Last edited:
So you use the electric coil with chimney?
Please show your set up.
I can’t visualize it

Last edited:
Harbor Freight where "Buy one, cry once" meets "say whut?"

I buy from them- their stuff is cheap and is hit or miss for longevity.

I might be a slow learner- but I keep going back.

Another fire starter mentioned last year or so are the Rutland Wafers. Really pleased with those but neither Tractor Supply here seems to keep the big boxes (haven’t looked in a month or two) They have the small boxes (bought two of those). Received an Excellent Brethren recommendation for Rutland. They work

RIP, heat warrior #1. :rip:

Long live heat warrior #2 - may your reign be long and fiery and give birth to many beds of hot coals.

iu

RIP, heat warrior #1. :rip:

Long live heat warrior #2 - may your reign be long and fiery and give birth to many beds of hot coals.

iu

Amen

May try a bernzomatic trigger activate propane. Never done that or weed burner. May need to cross off list of things I haven’t done

When I had my Kamado and BGE, I must have burned through 3 electric charcoal starters. The elements would just start to disintegrate, even though I made a point to not keep them in the coals too long once they started to ignite.

After that, I just started dumping a small handful of hot lump into the firebox that I would light in the Chimney starter and that always did the trick.

I'm aware of the Looftlighter, though the less expensive knockoffs seem to be pretty good quality as well.

In order to not make a potentially unnecessary gadget purchase on Amazon today, I'm going to take a walk now...

:yo:

Agreed, Urban Hike coming up.

I acquired a jj george charcoal torch over the holidays. So far it works a charm. No electric connections at my cook station so my hands are a little tied, but I like the propane better anyway.

Mine has been working for years. The plastic is all burned off. The metal is rusted through. The trigger only works to the highest setting. Still kicking. Have a 3-5yo back up in the box

I forgot I had the electric starter. It was awkward to set in the chimney and then I have to remember to take it out. Didn't like starting fires that close to the house. Might try it again now that I've got a detached metal garage. Mostly I use the rutland starters in a chimney. The benzo propane thing feels weak after using the weed burner for the last 5 years. I only use the benzo to light the starters.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Harbor Freight where "Buy one, cry once" meets "say whut?"

I buy from them- their stuff is cheap and is hit or miss for longevity.

I might be a slow learner- but I keep going back.

Harbor Freight is for crap you are going to use once or twice a year.

Harbor Freight is for crap you are going to use once or twice a year.
That's exactly how I feel. I bought a miter saw there 7-8 years ago. Still running but only use it a hand full of times a year. If I needed it for commercial use then hell no!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Back