MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 02-27-2021, 10:53 AM   #1
Willowe1980
Got Wood.

Name/Nickname : Will
Default Weber 2200

99% of the time I use wood. However, sometimes it would be nice to just turn something on. I have some points from a bonus program at work. I can score a Weber q2200 with the cart. Anyone using these as a stationary grill? I wouldn't be moving it around much. Would just like use it for quick meals after work. Or would I be better off just buying a small traditional propane grill?

Old 02-27-2021, 11:07 AM   #2
rwalters
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Robb

Used to have a 3200. The Q series are awesome!!!
Come follow my adventures on Instagram: @rwaltersbbq
rwalters is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-27-2021, 11:12 AM   #3
jkief
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : Jeffry

Honestly, if you’re not going to be moving it around, I’d probably get a small gasser. Maybe a charbroil infrared. I love mine. I have the q1200 collecting dust on the shelf of my garage. The q’s are great COE camping and small patios where space is an issue, but if you’re looking at the cart as well, I’m not sure the footprint will be much smaller than a regular gasser. I think the Weber spirit lineup has the fold down shelves.

Old 02-27-2021, 11:12 AM   #4
jkief
is one Smokin' Farker

COE...meant to say “for”

Thanks from:--->
Old 02-27-2021, 11:35 AM   #5
Willowe1980
Got Wood.

Name/Nickname : Will

Yea, I guess I should just buy the Spirit model. Only thing is that this one would be free. I'll see what else I can get with the points.

Old 02-27-2021, 12:25 PM   #6
Dweverett
is Blowin Smoke!

Name/Nickname : Bill

I’m not sure what other options you have for the points but free is always good, especially if you don’t need the extra space of a Spirit etc.

Gifted to various children — Kamado Joe Classic, 36” Blackstone Griddle, Weber Genesis, Rectec 680
Dweverett is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-27-2021, 12:27 PM   #7
jkief
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dweverett View Post
I’m not sure what other options you have for the points but free is always good, especially if you don’t need the extra space of a Spirit etc.
True that....Nothing like free!!

Old 02-28-2021, 08:04 AM   #8
kls44
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : Ken

I have the Q300 and love it for quick meals. The shelves fold down and the cooking grate is bigger than the 22" kettle.

Old 02-28-2021, 08:57 AM   #9
Wetsmoke
On the road to being a farker

I own several Q models, 200’s and 300 series. You would be hard pressed to find another line of grills with the reliability and performance that this line of gassers has to offer. All of my Q grills are several years old and scattered in the rv or our vacation home as well as on my deck at home. There is another forum that specializes in only Q’s that has a wealth of info on their uses as well as hundreds of cooks and cooking methods with this line of grills. You won’t be disappointed and free is always great!!!!!
Wetsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-28-2021, 09:38 AM   #10
RemoGaggi
Full Fledged Farker

Name/Nickname : RemoGaggi

I've had several of each of the "Q" series and the 2000/2200 and to me, it is the weakest of the series. It's underpowered. The 100/100 series is small, but gets nice and very hot. The 3000 series gets plenty hot and offers 2-zone cooking. The 2000/2200 does neither. As others have suggested, look for a small gasser instead. Good Luck!

Old 02-28-2021, 12:10 PM   #11
Wetsmoke
On the road to being a farker

If getting to 550 in about 10 minutes is too underpowered for some people I have to wonder what they expect. Again, check the Q forum on another forum and see some of the cooks that they are achieving with the Q200 series.
Wetsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote