Griddle Sale at Dicks Sporting Goods

BuckN BBQ

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
For those of us that have been pondering between Blackstone and Camp Chef, Dicks Sporting Goods has a 20% off sale right now.

Blackstone 36" Griddle $199

Camp Chef 600 Griddle $239.99

The price doesn't include tax and you must put the item in your cart to see the discount.

Happy spending. :mrgreen:

Haven't been to a Dick's or F&S since their stance on firearms changed. Personal preference, but they aren't getting my $$$. Just a reminder to anyone who may have forgotten and still cares. I'm fully aware not everyone shares this sentiment...and that's ok.

Haven't been to a Dick's or F&S since their stance on firearms changed. Personal preference, but they aren't getting my $$$. Just a reminder to anyone who may have forgotten and still cares. I'm fully aware not everyone shares this sentiment...and that's ok.

I'll still shop there, I see no need for every store that sells guns to have to sell assault style rifles in order to get my business. I also don't see the need to only shop at stores that agree with my politics.

:thumb:

For those of us that have been pondering between Blackstone and Camp Chef, Dicks Sporting Goods has a 20% off sale right now.

Blackstone 36" Griddle $199

Camp Chef 600 Griddle $239.99

The price doesn't include tax and you must put the item in your cart to see the discount.

Happy spending. :mrgreen:

Not a bad deal! And supporting an outstanding, morally conscious retailer at that!!!

If I didn’t already have one this deal would tempt me!!

Very few of the stores that carry grills sell guns, including assault style rifles, so you must have a very narrow choice of places to shop.

:thumb::thumb::thumb:
:thumb::thumb::thumb:

I'll still shop there, I see no need for every store that sells guns to have to sell assault style rifles in order to get my business. I also don't see the need to only shop at stores that agree with my politics.

It's worse than that. A couple of years ago they ran a sale on AR's. Many people ordered them and then Dick's decided to cancel their orders when they were due to arrive because they decided to mix politics and business.

Oh...and to those that call them "assault rifles", you know that is a made up scary name, right? There is only ONE firearm in the history of the work with "assault" in it's name and it was the Germ StG.44 from 1944.

Sort of like those killer assault knives that are killing all the people London right now to the point they are looking to control how big kitchen knives in England are. Or those "Assault vehicles" drunk drivers use on a daily basis and stoned drivers (let's make pot legal!) that kill innocent people.

Your post got me Googling for a definition of "assault rifle", and I came up with this.
Robert Trifiletti, Chief of the Army’s Light Armament Division…
SUBJECT: Freedom of Information Jay H. Greenblatt & Associates “Assault Rifle”.
1. This office researched the definition of the term “assault rifle” by identifying and locating official Department of Defense (DOD) and Department of Army (DA) publications on ordinance technical terminology, DOD/DA technical small arms publications or definitions of military terms.
2. The definition of an “assault rifle” is “Assault rifles are short, compact, select-fire (i.e. both semi-automatic and full-automatic) weapons that fire a cartridge intermediate in power between submachinegun and rifle cartridges.
Selective fire is defined as a weapon, which at the user’s selection, can fire semi-automatic or full-automatic fire. Semi-automtic is defined as a weapon designed to fire each time the trigger is pulled. Full automatic is defined as a weapon which will fire continuously as long as the trigger is pulled.

That, to me, says the term exists. So a weapon identical to one of those weapons, but lacking the automatic function, could be referred to as an "assault style rifle"

Neither of which can be cooked on.
To the OP, thank you for posting this, and sorry it got hijacked.

It's worse than that. A couple of years ago they ran a sale on AR's. Many people ordered them and then Dick's decided to cancel their orders when they were due to arrive because they decided to mix politics and business.

I see this as them removing themselves from the politics. Remove the rifles. End of story for them. They'll never get blamed for a shooting and financially it doesn't make a difference to them as my guess is it wasn't a big money maker for them anyway. The population that choose to shop somewhere else is tiny compared to the population that would stop shopping there/the media outrage if they sold an AR to a kid that shot up a school. Not worth it in my opinion. They'll please all the moms that shop there for their kids sporting goods and make them feel all warm and fuzzy inside because that is their bread and butter.

I'm with the other gun owners that don't care. I live in NJ, my gun laws are the strictest in the nation already. If I owned an AR here and breathed the wrong way they'd probably arrest me. Dicks is the best place for me to get my hunting/fishing stuff anyway.

Dicks is the best place for me to get my hunting/fishing stuff anyway.

That is pitiful. I'm sorry...for no other reason than that. LoL

The sale listed in the OP is a good one.

I see this as them removing themselves from the politics. Remove the rifles. End of story for them. They'll never get blamed for a shooting and financially it doesn't make a difference to them as my guess is it wasn't a big money maker for them anyway. .

Riiiigghhhttt....cause we should blame the tool and the tool seller for what a PERSON does with it.

Time to go after all those car dealerships and manufacturers for selling the darn assault vehicles used by drunk and high drivers to kill innocent people.

Time to go after all those car dealerships and manufacturers for selling the darn assault vehicles used by drunk and high drivers to kill innocent people.

Will you post this strawman argument a third time?

To the OP, sorry for contributing to the hijack earlier and thanks for posting about the sale.

I'm done with Dick's. I still care. Thanks Cook.

Back